If baseball truly wants to take the next step forward, bleed technology for all it can give. Just make sure you get it right.
Carlos Zambrano’s signed a minor league deal with the Phillies and the Liberty Bell just asked to be placed in the witness protection program. Speaking of witness protection, anyone seen Gabe Carimi lately?
The White Sox are becoming an afterthought.
The chants of “Corey, Corey” cascaded from every corner of the United Center. As focused as Corey Crawford was, it didn’t escape him that the crowd that used to get on him now loves him.
Maybe these Bulls will go on a similar, yet shorter, journey. Either way, they will be remembered for their hustle, desire and will to overcome, just the way the 76-77 Bulls did.
OK. The first person who dares compare Luol Deng’s serious illness to Scottie Pippen’s migraine will be asked to leave this column immediately.
Like it or not, sabermetrics are here to stay and likely to be amended, and often. I would like to suggest the Hawk takes some time to understand it. Give it chance. Use it from time to time.
It’s a playoff game and I’m wondering how a team misses 25-of-26 shots and then I see Brooklyn scrawled on the jersey.
If pitching is the name of the game, Theo and the boys need to buy into it.
The strength of the Bears schedule is 16th. That translates into 8-8, right?
I love baseball. My affair with the game goes back over 50 years when I was child emulating longtime broadcaster Jack Brickhouse on the gravel field of Hibbard Elementary School in Albany Park.
A goat’s head? Seriously?
If you want to play alongside Daequan Cook, Malcolm Thomas, Vladimir Radmanovic and Marquis Teague, be my guest. Please contact your insurance agent first, or at least your brother Reggie.
By George Ofman- (CBS) I can’t believe it. Carlos Marmol got a save. Of course, several Cubs fans suffered heart attacks while others jumped out basement windows. So let’s set the numbers: two games, 1.1 […]
With the Cubs’ self-imposed Monday deadline quickly approaching for a deal on $300 million in renovations for Wrigley Field, the major sticking point appears to be the size of a Jumbotron-style video screen the team wants for the stadium.
Does anyone really think the Sox will be playing meaningful games in October and the Cubs, meaningful games in June?
Wow, would this be a mistake.
People who never saw a single minute of a single game fill out a bracket sheet even if they use darts, consult a tarot card reader or go with school colors.
Everyone is offering an opinion on Derrick Rose. It wouldn’t shock me if Jack Nicholson or the Dali Lama penned a thought on the Bulls fragile franchise star.
The old saying is “records are meant to be broken.” Some simply aren’t.
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!