The Cubs on Monday dealt left-handed pitcher Paul Maholm and outfielder Reed Johnson to the Atlanta Braves. Early Tuesday, the club confirmed it had sent catcher Geovany Soto to the Rangers.
Paul Maholm pitched eight strong innings Tuesday night to win his fifth straight start and lead the Chicago Cubs over the Pittsburgh Pirates 5-1.
Carlos Lee hit a grand slam and the Florida Marlins beat the Cubs 9-5 on Tuesday night, giving Ozzie Guillen a win in his first game back managing in Chicago.
Ryan Dempster is too busy watching “Swamp People” to see the stories about him being possible trade bait. He’s pitching too well, though, to know that he might be in another uniform by the end of the month.
Wade Miley outpitched Matt Garza in eight strong innings, Justin Upton had three RBIs and the Arizona Diamondbacks completed a three-game sweep with a 5-1 victory over the Chicago Cubs on Sunday.
Travis Wood pitched six strong innings for his first win as a starter in more than a year, and the Chicago Cubs beat the White Sox 2-1 on Tuesday night even though Jake Peavy went the distance.
Bryan LaHair and Ian Stewart hit solo homers – a major outburst for the power-challenged Chicago Cubs – and Jeff Samardzija pitched into the eighth inning on Wednesday night for a 3-1 victory over the Cincinnati Reds.
Johnny Cueto threw 6 1-3 strong innings to lead the Cincinnati Reds to a 4-3 win over the Chicago Cubs on Sunday.
A scramble for a home-run ball at Wrigley Field this week was a special moment for a Zion man whose life is about to get a lot more challenging. CBS 2′s Brad Edwards reports.
Seth Smith had a two-run double among his three hits, and the Oakland Athletics scored three unearned runs off Paul Maholm in the first inning and beat the Chicago Cubs 4-3 in a game between split squads Saturday.
The Cubs have agreed to one-year deals with six players to avoid salary arbitration: Jeff Baker, Blake Dewitt, Ian Stewart, Geovany Soto, Chris Volstad and Randy Wells.
Starlin Castro desperately wanted to get his 200th hit of the season in front of a supportive crowd at Wrigley Field. Now he’ll move on to St. Louis and try to reach the milestone.
Geovany Soto hit two two-run homers and drove in all the Chicago Cubs’ runs in a 5-2 victory over the Milwaukee Brewers on Monday night.
Aramis Ramirez hit a two-run single with two outs in the ninth inning, rallying the Chicago Cubs past the New York Mets 5-4 after blowing a three-run lead in the eighth Saturday.
Derrek Lee came off the disabled list and hit a go-ahead grand slam with two outs in the ninth inning to lift the Pittsburgh Pirates over the Chicago Cubs 7-5 on Saturday.
Madison Bumgarner matched his career high with 11 strikeouts, Jeff Keppinger and Pablo Sandoval hit consecutive homers in the fourth inning, and the San Francisco Giants beat the Chicago Cubs 4-0 on Wednesday to snap a three-game skid and avoid a sweep.
Alfonso Soriano drove in two runs and hit one of the longest homers at AT&T Park, leading the Chicago Cubs to a 5-2 win over the San Francisco Giants on Tuesday night.
Zack Greinke pitched effectively into the eighth to remain perfect at home, Corey Hart homered for the second time in as many days and the Milwaukee Brewers swept the Chicago Cubs with a 3-2 win on Sunday.
Tyler Colvin’s RBI single in the 10th inning off Octavio Dotel lifted the Chicago Cubs to a 5-4 victory over the St. Louis Cardinals on Friday.
Casey Coleman is hoping to impress the Chicago Cubs in his fourth stint with the team this season. He’s off to a rocky start.
- 3 Jump Off Roof Of Trump Tower Wearing ParachutesA trio of daredevils broke onto the roof of the Trump Tower overnight and jumped off using parachutes.158
- Man Charged With Sex Trafficking For Second Time In Cook CountyA man previously convicted of sex trafficking in Cook County has been charged again, this time for allegedly kidnapping a Minnesota woman and bringing her to Chicago to work in the sex trade.201
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.692
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!