A west suburban bus driver was arrested after passing an inappropriate note to a young girl on his bus route.
A 12-year-old girl was killed in a fire early Friday that destroyed a home in northwest suburban McHenry.
An 11-year-old girl was critically injured when she was struck by a vehicle Sunday in the Altgeld Gardens neighborhood.
A Naperville man has been sentenced to 15 years in prison after admitting he had sexual contact with a girl under the age of 13.
The 13-year-old girl was on the roof of a business in the 5500 block of West Montrose Avenue when she fell through the skylight.
A girl suffered a gunshot wound to the abdomen in a shooting Friday morning in the West Garfield Park neighborhood on the West Side, fire officials said.
Paramedics were attending to the child near the beach house, according to Fire Media Affairs, adding that a second ambulance was being sent to the beach.
A bullet hit the 7-year-old as she played in the front of her home on South Artesian Avenue, police said.
The state Department of Children and Family Services has launched a probe into the death of a 3-year-old girl from west suburban Aurora.
The shooting occurred shortly after 7 p.m. on the 600 block of East 133rd Street. Police indicated that the gunman fired into a crowd of children, striking the girl.
Every little girl (whether she’s 6 or 46) likes to be treated like a princess. A little bit of sparkle, a little bit of pampering and a whole lot of pink can sure take a girl far. Chicago has many options to make each girls feel special on her birthday or any day. From dress up-parties to interactive experiences, each shop has a different way to create an unforgettable celebration.
Police say a 17-year-old student bit a Chicago Police officer in the hand three times as the officer tried to arrest her after a large fight during lunch Thursday at a West Side high school.
A 12-year-old girl escaped without injury after a man attempted to abduct her Monday morning as she walked to school in north suburban Evanston.
A woman filed a lawsuit Wednesday against the McDonald’s Corporation after an employee allegedly exposed himself to her daughter in the play area of a Northwest Side restaurant in 2009.
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Senate Passes Ban On Handheld Cell Phones While DrivingThe proposal says drivers must use hands-free devices or speakerphone features.127
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!