It has been a year now since same-sex civil unions became legal in Illinois, but the advocacy group Equality Illinois says many couples are not finding that their unions are being treated as equal to marriages.
The gay rights law firm Lambda Legal has produced a video with the message that “it’s just time” for full marriage equality in Illinois, after lawsuits were filed this week seeking to secure marriage rights for same sex couples.
Two separate lawsuits were filed Wednesday, attempting to secure marriage rights for gay and lesbian couples in Illinois.
Illinois State Rep. Greg Harris (D-Chicago) has pulled his bill to legalize same-sex marriage in the state, but he says in a published report that he will introduce legislation again when the time is right.
The Center on Halsted LGBT community center will soon celebrate five years in operation with a gala expected to attract 1,500 people.
The Howard Brown Health Care Center, a medical clinic that primarily serves the gay and lesbian community, has agreed to return $715,000 to the federal government in the wake of a misspending scandal two years ago.
The Gerber/Hart Library and Archives of gay and lesbian resources remains very much in operation, but will soon be moving from its longtime location just south of Loyola University.
Elmhurst College has become the first in the nation to ask prospective students about their sexual orientation or gender identity.
It was a shining moment for all to see this morning, as same-sex couples gathered to exchange vows for their civil unions in Millennium Park.
A long-awaited day has arrived for same-sex couples in Illinois.
Gov. Pat Quinn and Cook County Clerk David Orr will be among those in attendance for a historic ceremony next month, in which 30 gay and lesbian couples will be joined in civil unions in Millennium Park.
While civil unions will not be treated equally as marriage when they become legal in Illinois, there is one area where they may be on par.
Could the Boystown strip on Halsted Street soon be the setting for a new reality TV show?
Chicago’s Boystown was the first official gay village in the country, but soon, it might not be the only gay and lesbian neighborhood using the name.
A proposed constitutional amendment to ban same-sex marriage in Illinois has been assigned to an executive subcommittee with no members, and gay rights activists say it’s as good as dead.
A downstate gay couple says since being denied accommodations for their civil union ceremony at two venues, response to their plight has been overwhelming.
When a pair of downstate men tried to rent a hall for their civil union celebration, they learned discrimination does not end with a stroke of the governor’s pen.
The Indiana State House of Representatives has approved a constitutional amendment that would ban same-sex marriage and civil unions.
Six people arrested on Valentine’s Day during a gay rights demonstration at a Cook County marriage license office downtown have a court date — St. Patrick’s Day.
The Chicago History Museum will open its long-awaited exhibit on gay and lesbian history in Chicago this spring.
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Bakery Blunder Makes ‘Cat Cake’ A Viral SensationOf all the cat memes on the Internet, this one takes the cake.900
- Search Dog Tracks Missing Student To LakefrontVolunteers, friends and family were out in force Tuesday morning, resuming the search for a missing University of Chicago student.586
- Initial Tests ID Glittery Substance Along BeachIndiana environmental officials were investigating whether a Porter County manufacturer was responsible for a slick of glittery material that kept many swimmers out of Porter Beach on Monday.1095
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!