Both dogs were hospitalized after the attacks, April 28 on the 400 block of Lakeside Terrace, and May 1 on the 500 block of Sheridan Road – three blocks apart.
Whether you want to learn about compost or find out how you can save an endangered species, the Chicagoland area has numerous activities planned for Earth Day.
A woman walking with her dogs in Glencoe was confronted by a pack of coyotes and when it was all over, the fire department and a long ladder were needed, reports CBS 2’s Pamela Jones.
This time of year–winter break after Christmas–most of the parents I know are in search of two things: a way to entertain the troops that does not include TV, and a little warmth. Last year we discovered the wonders of a place that offers both when we ventured to the Chicago Botanic Garden. Since our first trip there, we’ve since become much more acquainted, so here’s a little guide to the garden with kids during the winter.
Police say a cougar may be roaming around the affluent North Shore suburb of Winnetka.
Jim Almdale says he was doing his nightly checks in a wooded area near Glencoe Beach last week when he saw a cougar walk onto the road. CBS 2′s Marissa Bailey reports.
An Evanston pastor has threatened to sue police in north suburban Glencoe, accusing one of its officers of racial profiling.
Federal authorities say a Glencoe man led investors to believe their money was going into a sleep disorder business, but he actually used it to buy a mansion, run a tattoo parlor, and live a lavish lifestyle.
Claire Blumenthal and Bernard Miller tied the knot in Glencoe on Thursday after knowing each other since the 1940s.
A Glencoe architect is restoring a run-down, years-vacant Frank Lloyd Wright house to look almost exactly as it did when built in 1915.
One of three men accused of tying up a man and a locking a child in a basement during a home invasion in Glencoe earlier this week was ordered held on $5 million bond on Friday.
A campaign by customers of a Glencoe drug store taken over by Walgreens has forced the company to reinstate two druggists who worked at the location for years.
A fire that started in a large home under renovation in north suburban Glencoe is under control with no injuries.
The barges are gone but the tug’s still stuck on a shoal.
- 3 Dead, 8 Hurt In Shootings Since Friday NightThe most recent fatal shooting happened about 1:50 a.m. Saturday in the Hyde Park community, roughly half a mile from President Barack Obama’s home in neighboring Kenwood.108
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!