Governor Pat Quinn
Mayor Emanuel has backed legislation that would establish a Chicago gaming board to oversee a city casino operation. But speaking at a city club luncheon, Governor Quinn said state regulators must have the ultimate power of oversight.
A bill to toughen penalties on those who use social media to organize violent flash mobs has been signed by Gov Pat Quinn.
Governor Quinn still isn’t saying whether he’ll sign the medical marijuana bill, reports WBBM’s Veronica Carter.
Quinn said Senate Bill 9 would undermine electric utility oversight and lead to higher bills.
Governor Quinn says UNO has built some impressive schools but if there are questions about how those schools were built he has to take action.
The bill sponsored by Sugar Grove State Senator Jim Oberweis would hike the speed limit to 70 miles-per-hour. In most counties, it is now 65.
Governor Quinn has declared flood disasters in four additional Illinois counties. WBBM’s Bob Roberts reports that the work of assessing damage is still far from over.
More than four years after remnants of Hurricane Ike dumped several inches of rain across parts of Illinois, 4.6 million dollars in recovery aid helped rebuild a road in Pullman.
The head of the state’s Veterans’ Affairs Department want people to send holiday cards.
Gov. Pat Quinn is asking for Illinois to be designated a drought disaster area.
Governor Pat Quinn put his signature on a bill that requires the public spotlight on the details of corporate tax breaks as soon as they are completed.
A new state law signed Wednesday by Gov. Pat Quinn live inside The 670 The Score studios is intended to protect young people and to prevent a sex abuse scandal in Illinois.
Chicago might have become more attractive to trade shows and conventions.
Witnesses describe an expletive-filled phone call to Gov. Pat Quinn over how the governor has dealt with casino gambling and pension reform.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel on Monday used the example of a big sinkhole that swallowed a car on Saturday to make a point about the need for a Chicago casino – a not-so-subtle shot at Gov. Pat Quinn’s reluctance to sign a bill that would allow for a major expansion of gambling in Illinois.
Governor Pat Quinn says the only way he see’s regional school superintendents getting paid is at the local level.
The recent abolishment of the death penalty in Illinois has also left some standing in the unemployment line.
Earlier this month the General Assembly voted to abolish the death penalty. But Gov. Quinn has yet to sign the legislation.
Chinese President Hu Jintao arrived in Chicago Thursday night for a two-day visit and had high praise for Mayor Daley.
The mayor says a plan to change the pension benefit structure for police and fire personnel will end up slamming taxpayers.
- Should Indoor Sprinklers Be Mandatory For New Homes?Safety advocates say new construction should include indoor sprinklers to make homes more fireproof. CBS 2's Chris Martinez looks at both sides of the debate.149
- Cop Shoots Trucker In Parking Lot Of Merrillville, Ind. Planned ParenthoodA police-involved shooting occurred in the parking lot of a Planned Parenthood office in Merrillville, Ind. Monday afternoon.254
- 25 Years Ago, Laurie Dann Went On Deadly Rampage On North ShoreIt was 25 years ago today when a tragedy unfolded in Winnetka.246
- Neighbor’s Dog Seriously Injures 9-Year-Old BoyA nephew of the dog owner was able to pull the animal off the boy, who suffered bites to his arms and legs.321
- Storms Likely On Monday Afternoon, EveningWarm, humid air over Chicago is likely to create some strong, isolated thunderstorms around the evening rush hour on Monday.431
- Three Teens Arrested After Large Fight On Lakefront On South SideThree teens were arrested on Sunday, after police broke up a large fight along the lakefront in the Jackson Park neighborhood.337
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!