Illinois’ Attorney General says she hasn’t made her mind up yet about running for the job now held by Pat Quinn, reports WBBM Political Editor Craig Dellimore.
The 2014 governor’s race is off and running, with the first declared Republican candidate announcing today.
For months, Illinois State Treasurer Dan Rutherford has been hinting — at times not so subtly — that he wants the Republican nomination in the 2014 governor’s race. Come this weekend, he’ll finally make it official.
Republican U.S. Rep. Aaron Schock has decided to forgo a run for Illinois governor and instead seek re-election to Congress, the three-term congressman’s campaign manager said Thursday.
Bloomington State Senator Bill Brady, who lost to Democrat Pat Quinn in the 2010 election, is all but declaring his candidacy for 2014, reports WBBM Political Editor Craig Dellimore.
As discussions swirl about who will run for governor next year, one big question is: should Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan choose to challenge Gov. Pat Quinn, will her father, House Speaker Mike Madigan, step down to avoid a possible conflict of interest?
Bill Daley, who’s considering a run for governor, talked politics Tuesday at a donor breakfast at Misericordia House on Chicago’s North Side.
Former White House chief of staff Bill Daley says he’s “seriously” thinking about running for Illinois governor.
Joe Walsh hosted his final Town Hall meeting in front of a supportive crowd of 200 in Wauconda.
Quinn has appointed 40-year law enforcement veteran Michael McCotter to the job.
Illinois’ neighbors to the north and east went in different directions in the presidential race.
Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels says he has a lesson plan for his next job as the president of Purdue University.
Attorneys in the first trial of former Gov. Rod Blagojevich still keep in touch with him, and think his sentence will be reversed on appeal if the case ever gets there.
The saga of Rod Blagojevich involved no shortage of the bizarre and the tawdry, but a book about the deposed and imprisoned governor set for release next month may top it all yet again.
Political analyst Stephen Caliendo says controversial Republican Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker’s victory in the recall election Tuesday does not mean doom for President Barack Obama’s reelection hopes – although it does reflect an ongoing change in how organized labor is perceived.
Former Gov. George Ryan has served most of his 6 1/2 year prison sentence and is set to be released next year, but he will have a chance to appeal for a new trial again before that.
Sunday marked one month behind bars for Rod Blagojevich, and his attorney, Aaron Goldstein, says the deposed governor is fully entrenched behind bars.
The man who almost kept Rod Blagojevich out of the governor’s mansion a decade ago now says it’s sad to see what the now-imprisoned governor did to the state.
The day after deposed Gov. Rod Blagojevich began his 14-year prison sentence, his former chief of staff, John Harris, is learning his fate.
Deposed Gov. Rod Blagojevich is adjusting to a new lifestyle in prison, but he apparently hasn’t lost his taste for political grandstanding.
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.667
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!