Less than 24 hours after CBS 2 reported on falling concrete from a Lake Shore Drive overpass falling on a local family’s car, city crews were at the overpass, getting rid of more loose concrete.
A big chunk of concrete smashed into the hood of a Chicago area family’s car as they were driving in Streeterville this week.
One male was taken to the hospital in critical condition after the vehicle he was driving struck a light pole in the Humboldt Park neighborhood Sunday night, police said.
A construction crew hit a gas line in River North Thursday morning, prompting police to shut down nearby streets.
A 77-year-old Ingleside woman escaped serious injury when she mistook the gas pedal for the brake pedal and launched her vehicle off the end of Grand Avenue into Pistakee Lake.
An extra portion of Lake Shore Drive on the Near North Side will be shut down Sunday evening, adding to a maze of street closures already in place for the NATO Summit.
An additional mile of Lake Shore Drive north all the way to Navy Pier will be closed beginning Sunday afternoon.
Neighbors say the city is indifferent to a plague of abandoned buildings on the city’s West Side, including one where a woman’s body was found several days ago.
Busy Grand Avenue was shut down for a time on the city’s West Side Tuesday morning, after an explosion in a ComEd vault blew off a manhole cover.
A man was in police custody Wednesday morning, after a chase that ended with a crash and shots fired by officers in the North Austin neighborhood.
The CTA Red Line subway station at Grand Avenue and State Street is the latest to undergo a top-to-bottom renovation.
A coating of light snow made the roads a mess early Monday morning.
A fire gutted an auto shop on the city’s West Side Sunday, leaving a firefighter hurt and nearly taking down the longtime home of a family next door.
A 61-year-old man was in the trauma unit of an area hospital Friday, after being attacked and hit in the head with a brick by a group of three teenage boys in the Humboldt Park neighborhood.
A Waukegan man has been charged with killing one man and injuring another in a stabbing inside a moving vehicle in north suburban Gurnee.
One man was killed and two others were hurt in an attack outside a car dealership in north suburban Gurnee on Thursday.
A man convicted in the murder of a Near West Side pizzeria manager will learn his fate Tuesday.
A man is set to be sentenced Monday in the 2008 murder of a pizzeria owner whom the man thought was part of a rival gang.
Defense attorneys for the man accused in the 2006 murder of a Lindenhurst Burger King manager are asking a judge to drop the charges.
A man was driving too fast when he crashed into a bridge support and flipped the car he was driving this morning on the West Side, police said.
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4639
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!