Experience a wide variety of flavors by trying multi-course tasting menus at the best restaurants in the city of Chicago.
The famed Alinea restaurant in the Lincoln Park neighborhood has been named the best restaurant in the world by a publication that bills itself as the private jet lifestyle magazine.
When one of the arguably greatest chefs in the world opens a cocktail joint, expectations are inevitably high. Grant Achatz, the former French Laundry study and mastermind behind Alinea and Next, brings his imaginative take on food and drink to his cocktail bar, the Aviary.
Here, we list our favorite books by Chicago’s best chefs, some provide recipes, and all provide a glimpse into their personal lives outside the kitchen.
If you get a table at Next, you definitely deserve congratulations. Chef Grant Achatz’s restaurant with business partner Nick Kokonas is one of Chicago’s toughest reservations – diners have to sign up at the restaurant’s website to buy tickets.
Chicago’s Alinea has won a new distinction, this time as the highest-ranked U.S. eatery on the list of the 50 Best Restaurants in the World.
It was the hottest ticket in town last night – the opening of a new restaurant by acclaimed Chicago chef Grant Achatz.
The Michelin Guide announced that two Chicago restaurants earned the rare and coveted three-star ratings in the dining guide’s first-ever edition for the Midwestern city.
Zagat survey also finds diners are tipping better while their chief beef is others who are texting, tweeting or talking on their phones during the meal.
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.426
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.369
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!