Greater Grand Crossing
Brandon Byars was inside the restaurant in the 500 block of East 79th Street when a gunman on the outside saw him and opened fire, shooting him several times in the back.
Timothy Jones, of the 12500 block of South Union Avenue, was charged with the death of 59-year-old Chicago resident Jacqueline Reynolds.
A woman was shot twice in the leg Saturday in the Greater Grand Crossing neighborhood on the South Side.
The teen was shot about 2 p.m. in the 6400 block of South Claremont Avenue in the Chicago Lawn neighborhood on the Southwest Side.
The three officers were taken to Northwestern Memorial Hospital. Their injuries were not life-threatening.
A man has been charged in connection with a police-involved shooting early Friday in the Greater Grand Crossing neighborhood on the South Side that left him hospitalized.
One person is dead, and two more were wounded, in a shooting in broad daylight Saturday afternoon in the Grand Crossing neighborhood.
The Chicago Housing Authority is taking applications to get on its wait list for sites in three adjacent areas of the city.
Police are alerting residents of the South Side Greater Grand Crossing area of an increase in armed robberies that have occurred there in the past month.
It was another violent weekend on the streets of Chicago, with seven people dead as a result of gun violence and 21 more hurt in shootings, stabbings and other violent acts.
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Teen Fatally Stabbed In Fight Outside Suburban Grocery StoreRomeoville police say a 17-year-old boy and a 22-year-old man got into a fight in the parking lot outside the Jewel-Osco on Weber Road.432
- Powerball Jackpot At $600 Million: Most Common NumbersThe Powerball jackpot was increased Friday to $600 million, making it the largest Powerball jackpot ever.781
- Police Believe Alleged Con Man Had Scores Of Victims In 4 StatesPark Ridge police were asking for the public’s health in a fraud investigation against a man they said has been using a fake identity to fleece people in at least four states.148
- Family Helping Fund Research For Rare Disease That Struck Son, DaughterThey start out growing up like any other child, until a seizure strikes. It's the first sign of a deadly, rare brain disease that robs children of their abilities before taking their lives. This weekend, you can help a Downers Grove family try to find a cure for Batten Disease.226
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!