It’s almost the end of the line for Red Line service on the South Side ahead of a massive construction project slated to begin on Sunday.
Nearly 100,000 Chicago Public Schools students would have to find a new way to get to class starting next week, once the CTA shuts down the south end of the Red Line for a major track overhaul.
A 26-year-old man has been charged in the fatal drive-by shooting of a Columbia College student in the Bronzeville neighborhood earlier this week, while the victim was on his way to pick up a friend.
He was just going to pick up a friend, but he never made it. 19-year-old Columbia College student Kevin Ambrose was killed by a drive-by shooter late last night.
A man was gunned-down during a drive-by shooting in the Grand Boulevard neighborhood Tuesday night, just steps from the overhead 47th Street Green Line train platform.
The second phase of reconstruction of the Wells Street Bridge begins Friday night.
Preparation for spring construction on the CTA’s Red Line will lead to the shutdown of weekend service on the Ashland/63rd branch of the Green Line for three consecutive weekends beginning at 10 p.m. Friday.
A public defender’s plea for a low bond so a murder suspect could take his college exams fell on deaf ears, as a judge set his bail at $500,000.
One man was beaten to death at a CTA station, a 16-year-old boy was fatally shot and at least 15 other people were wounded in separate acts of violence across the city this weekend.
A man died Saturday after he got into a fight with another man on a South Side CTA Green Line station platform.
The CTA is trying something new at one of its ‘L’ stations — a produce market.
Police are looking for a suspect, after a woman’s simple commute on the CTA Green Line was shattered by a robber with a semi-automatic weapon.
A male was wounded in a Tuesday afternoon shooting near a West Side CTA station.
The south branch of the CTA Red Line, one of the busiest on the system, will be shut down for five months next spring for a massive track overhaul, officials announced on Monday.
Twice within a month, CTA is doing something it hasn’t done for years — opening new ‘L’ stations.
The CTA is investigating the derailment of a train chartered by a group of railroad enthusiasts Sunday.
CTA Orange Line and Green Line trains have been delayed in the South Loop after a train derailed just south of the Roosevelt station.
CTA Brown, Orange and Pink Line riders are in for delays and reroutes this weekend, as the CTA begins the latest phase of track reconstruction on the Loop elevated train tracks.
Police have issued a community alert for people who ride the CTA Green Line on the South Side.
Red Line CTA trains were severely disrupted Thursday morning after a derailment and small fire in the Red Line near the Roosevelt stop.
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.161
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Teen Fatally Stabbed In Fight Outside Suburban Grocery StoreRomeoville police say a 17-year-old boy and a 22-year-old man got into a fight in the parking lot outside the Jewel-Osco on Weber Road.432
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!