The Bountygate scandal just will never, ever go away. Oh, and Adrian Peterson may think that the Minnesota Vikings coaching staff is full of the dumbest people alive, if he truly believes they’d ever grant his latest request.
(WSCR) Four players for the New Orleans Saints who were suspended by the NFL for their role in the bounty program had their suspensions overturned by a collective bargaining agreement appeals panel on Friday. According […]
The NFL Players Association has asked a federal judge for a temporary restraining order that would allow players suspended in connection with the NFL’s bounty investigation to rejoin their teams in time to play regular season openers.
According to a report, the NFL laid out its case against four suspended players Monday in the bounty scandal currently surround the Saints organization.
The NFL announced suspensions Wednesday for four players involved in the New Orleans Saints bounty scandal, including the suspension of Saints linebacker Jonathan Vilma for the entire 2012 season.
The following is audio recorded by filmmaker Sean Pamphilon before a game against the San Francisco 49ers. After listening to it, you have to wonder how either Payton or Williams could ever coach again.
Sean Payton, meet mirror.
Goodell has flexed his muscle and both a powerful and thoughtful manner. It won’t take away all the game’s problems but it is a step in the right direction.
One day after the NFL suspended Saints head coach Sean Payton for one year for his role in the Saints’ bounty program, Alle-Walsh sounded off.
New Orleans Saints head coach Sean Payton has been suspended a full year without pay due to his involvement in the team’s bounty program.
Though the bounty system was employed by defensive coordinator Gregg Williams, Arkush thinks the brunt of the punishment will be directed at head coach Sean Payton.
Since the Saints’ bounty system came to light late last week, it has been widely speculated that bounty systems are simply a part of the NFL.
As several former NFL players have said, bounty systems are just a part of the game.
The ‘bounty’ system employed by the Saints and former defensive coordinator Gregg Williams may be just coming into the public light now, but it’s a system that has been in place for quite some time.
Gregg Williams and others may have broken the rules as they tried to get the most out of their defensive players, but they were not making NFL football something inherently worse than it was, is, or will be.
The NFL says that New Orleans Saints players maintained a bounty program over the last three seasons that targeted opponents with the intent to injure them.
The balance, protection and production that the Bears saw last week vs. the Falcons was absent against the Saints. Gregg Williams and the New Orleans defense brought continuous pressure and it put the Bears on their heels.
I’m very excited about some of the matchups in this game. Not just on the field, but the intellectual battle between Mike Martz and Gregg Williams. This is a big game for the Saints. They’d hate to go 0-2 in a very competitive NFC South.
- Mount Prospect Man Falls To Death From Albany Park RoofA Mount Prospect man fell to his death from a roof in Albany Park Friday afternoon.110
- 3 Dead, 8 Hurt In Shootings Since Friday NightThe most recent fatal shooting happened about 1:50 a.m. Saturday in the Hyde Park community, roughly half a mile from President Barack Obama’s home in neighboring Kenwood.198
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!