Catherine Brown, 38, has been charged with one count each of aggravated battery to a police officer and attempted first-degree murder, police said.
A Chicago police officer was recovering at home Tuesday morning, after she was punched, grabbed, then dragged down the street during a traffic stop in the Gresham neighborhood.
Police said three people pulled out handguns and started firing shots both inside and outside Mr. G’s Supper Club and Entertainment Center at 87th and Ashland about 1:13 a.m.
A man died after he suffered multiple gunshot wounds—including to the face—Saturday night in the Gresham neighborhood, authorities said.
One person is dead and at least another 16 wounded in violence throughout the city this weekend.
In the face of a murder a few blocks away from his church, Rev. Michael Pfleger took some bold steps Sunday, and so did several dozen of the faithful from St. Sabina Parish.
A man was shot and killed in the parking lot of a White Castle restaurant in the Gresham neighborhood Wednesday afternoon.
It was a deadly night for Chicago teenagers, with a 15-year-old girl dead as a result of a hit-and-run accident, and a 15-year-old boy killed by a gunshot.
A second man has been charged for the August 2011 shooting death of a man in the Gresham neighborhood.
A man, described by police as an “armed habitual criminal,” has been charged for aiming a weapon at police officers.
Police are questioning a person of interest in a deadly armed robbery last week at an Aldi grocery store in the Gresham neighborhood.
Four people were injured after a head-on collision in the South Side Gresham neighborhood Friday night.
A 15-year-old girl was raped Oct. 11 in the Gresham neighborhood and police have issued a Community Alert Saturday in hopes of finding her attackers.
Police have released a sketch of the suspect in an attack on a 14-year-old girl at a CTA bus stop earlier this month in the Gresham neighborhood.
A firefighter was injured Thursday afternoon at a fire in an abandoned auto body shop in the Gresham neighborhood.
Officers fatally shot an armed man who reportedly was using a female as a hostage in the Gresham neighborhood on the South Side early Sunday.
It was another violent weekend in Chicago, with gunfire and stabbings killing six people and leaving at least 21 hurt – including a 7-year-old boy and a 12-year-old girl..
Three men and one woman were killed and at least another 13 wounded in shootings throughout the city late Friday and early Saturday.
A man was killed when a pickup truck struck the vehicle he was driving late Saturday in the Gresham neighborhood.
Police are searching for a 13-year-old boy from the Gresham neighborhood who has been missing since Thursday evening.
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.706
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.464
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!