Romeoville police say a 17-year-old boy and a 22-year-old man got into a fight in the parking lot outside the Jewel-Osco on Weber Road.
Standing at 79th and South Shore and holding signs, protesters say the neighborhood is lacking strong leaders at city hall.
Illinoisans in so called “food deserts” will have better access to fresh food under a new state program.
One of the men in an experimental plane that crashed into a grocery store Florida Monday was an attorney from Aurora.
A new Trader Joe’s store may bring new life to the intersection of Wabash Avenue and Roosevelt Road in the South Loop.
A car plowed through the window of a grocery Sunday afternoon on the Northwest Side.
City inspectors shut down a grocery store in the Belmont-Cragin neighborhood this week, after finding insects buzzing around everywhere.
The first Mariano’s Fresh Market within the Chicago city limits is open Tuesday, on the former site of the Riverview amusement park in the Roscoe Village neighborhood.
An eyewitness in an Algonquin grocery store tells Newsradio it looked like a Molotov cocktail that was thrown into the deli section Sunday afternoon.
Mariano’s, the local concept for the Roundy’s supermarket chain will soon make its debut in the city, on the site where past generations enjoyed roller coaster rides and sideshows.
Newly-elected Ald. Michele Smith (43rd) is already following through on a campaign promise, and trying to curb the redevelopment plans for the old Lincoln Park Hospital.
It’s all in the family for a longtime grocery store business on the Near North Side.
A Rogers Park neighborhood grocery store has been shut down, after city inspectors found mouse feces in the freezer, and bags of rice and corn chips that had been chewed on.
A Far South Side grocery owner and his nephew tackled a man who doused them with gasoline while threatening to set the store on fire during an attempted robbery Thursday in the Morgan Park neighborhood.
Authorities have charged a Rosemont man with shoving and punching an 80-year-old man while waiting in line for the men’s room at a grocery store.
You might have thought a popular deal at Chicago’s biggest grocery store chain was saving you a lot of money, but a CBS 2 investigation found that Jewel has been overcharging customers for the special.
Residents of the Lincoln Park neighborhood say they do not want a new grocery store to replace the old Lincoln Park Hospital.
- Deadly Oklahoma Tornado Serves As Reminder To Prepare For Disasters“Tornado sheltering basics involved three steps – get in, get down and cover-up. The overall goal is to avoid flying and falling debris by putting as many barriers between you and the tornado as possible,” according to one expert at the National Weather Service in Norman, Oklahoma.117
- Lightning Strikes Damage Two Homes OvernightAt least two homes in the Chicago area were struck by lightning overnight as heavy thunderstorms plowed through the region.196
- Police Seek Help Identifying Female Homicide VictimPolice are asking for help to identify the body of woman or teen girl found strangled and badly burned in a Northwest Side Avondale neighborhood Dumpster Sunday night.137
- Chicago Red Cross Joining Tornado Relief Effort In OklahomaThe American Red Cross of Greater Chicago has begun mobilizing to help with the relief effort in Oklahoma, after a devastating tornado killed dozens of people.337
- Should Indoor Sprinklers Be Mandatory For New Homes?Safety advocates say new construction should include indoor sprinklers to make homes more fireproof. CBS 2's Chris Martinez looks at both sides of the debate.149
- Cop Shoots Trucker In Parking Lot Of Merrillville, Ind. Planned ParenthoodA police-involved shooting occurred in the parking lot of a Planned Parenthood office in Merrillville, Ind. Monday afternoon.254
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!