YouSwoop says it’s thriving, because of one little secret reports CBS 2′s Pamela Jones.
Stock in Chicago-based Groupon plummeted on Thursday, falling more than 20 percent as of midday.
The company offered no context to the decision. Gun rights and restrictions have been the subject of fierce debate following a string of mass murders.
A group of 50 Illinois business leaders and organizations have come out in support of marriage equality in Illinois.
Could Chicago become the Silicon Valley of the Midwest? If Mayor Rahm Emanuel gets his way, it’s a very real possibility.
The chief executive officer of Chicago-based Groupon is defending his company and his leadership.
It’s almost back-to-school time, and the Chicago Public School system is asking for your help in providing supplies to kids who need them.
It was 31 years ago today that movie-goers first saw “The Blues Brothers” in theaters. Now Joliet Jake and Elwood Blues are coming to Wrigley Field for a special movie screening on July 6 at 8:30 p.m.
If you take the CTA to work, you will soon be able to snag a cheaper fare courtesy of Chicago-based Groupon.
Groupon will be the exclusive ticketing agent for concerts and the new sit-down dinners at this year’s Taste of Chicago.
Another Groupon shareholder has filed a lawsuit against the Chicago-based daily deal Web site company.
As Groupon stock fell to an all-time low Tuesday, the Chicago-based company was sued in federal court for allegedly releasing “materially false and misleading statements” regarding its financial results.
CBS 2’s Dorothy Tucker found some great last-minute bargains up for grabs.
It’s time for Silicon Valley to move over, because a new report Monday says Chicago is becoming a bigger player in the high-tech industry.
In her continuing series, CBS 2’s Dorothy Tucker reports on how members of the Wright family are finding ways to still eat out but save money.
Just a few short years ago, Chicago-based Groupon burst onto the Internet. Now, CEO Andrew Mason is talking to CBS’s 60 Minutes about his company’s success.
An anonymous donor helped save Christmas for the local Toys for Tots charity on Tuesday, after news a former volunteer embezzled $25,000 and left Christmas in jeopardy for many disadvantaged children.
Monday marks the start of the very first Chicago Ideas Week – days packed with dozens of speakers and events touting innovation and creativity.
To celebrate the 25th anniversary of the Chicago film classic “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off,” the daily deal site Groupon is playing host to an outdoor screening of the movie at Wrigley Field.
These days, you can go to Groupon for deals on dining, spas and even a higher education. For the first time, the site is teaming up with an academic institution.
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.692
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!