Did you know that America’s first planetarium is right here in our own backyard? Max Adler, a Chicago business leader, founded the planetarium in 1930. And since then, the center has been a recognized leader in science education…
As one of Chicago’s top cultural attractions, the Shedd sees daily visitors from Chicago and all over the world. Whether you were there 5 years ago or 5 months ago, there’s always something new to see and explore.
This might be my most favorite museum in Chicago. It doesn’t have the stiffness of the Field Museum and everything is hands-on. The museum has done a lot of improvements in the past couple of years to take it beyond the ‘80s style exhibits into more, flashy 21st century displays. If you haven’t been in awhile, it might be time to make a visit back to the largest science center in the Western Hemisphere to enjoy what they have to offer.
The seriously good Italian-influenced menu at Ceres’ Table is worth a trip to Ravenswood (for the pumpkin ravioli alone!), and the cocktail menu is stacked with well-made drinks. One of their winter drinks, Ceres’ Holiday Eggnog, is a treat even after the holidays are over…
It’s the most wonderful time of the year… after holiday sales have begun! Starting the day after Christmas, you can find that most stores holiday merchandise has marked down to nearly 50% off the original pricing…
The images in “Crime Unseen,” the Museum of Contemporary Photography’s latest show, are lurid, dark, and incredibly captivating. Each of the photographers takes pictures of crime scenes, well after the crime has occurred…
Elmhurst, Chi-town’s suburban cousin to the West, is a fun place for day tripping year round. Here’s a list of all the things you can do in Elmhurst year-round, no matter what type of weather Mother Nature offers up!
The end of May showers will hopefully lead to some June flowers, but just because spring is running a little late doesn’t mean you have to hide indoors. We’ve some picks to get you out of the house this weekend, rain or shine.
Father’s Day…when families around the nation show appreciation for all their Dads’ hard work and love with the PERFECT Father’s Day gift. No pressure right?
If your Dad doesn’t need another tie or tool belt and you’re finding it impossible to locate the perfect gift for the father who has everything, rest assured, we can HELP!
You know your Dad the best, so just take a minute to figure out what “type” of Dad you have and these gifts should be the perfect fit.
When said together, they’re three of the most beautiful words in the English language: Three Day Weekend! Memorial Day is on Monday, and whether you observe the holiday in some way or just enjoy your extra time off, there are plenty of activities taking place around town.
With temperatures swinging wildly from 40 to 90 over the past week, it’s been challenging to plan for family activities – not to mention what to wear! Now that this weekend may finally start to […]
The Chicago Children’s Museum (CCM) is a fabulous resource for Chicago families. This popular spot offers hands-on learning and family fun for kids of various ages. Here is what you need to know before you take your kiddos for a visit.
Located just off the Magnificent Mile, the Museum of Contemporary Art, MCA, is home to some of the most beautiful exhibitions of our time, from paintings and sculptures, to photography, film and performances.
Looking to refresh your knowledge on what you learned in history class? Or maybe it’s time to give your kids a real life perspective on how large dinosaurs really were. Head on over to the Field Museum where you can view Sue who is 67 million years old and the largest and most complete T-Rex ever found.
There aren’t many museums in the city where things feel larger than life. If you have children who love being hands on, then you need to take them to the largest science center in the Western Hemisphere.
Chicago’s Winter never looked so good! Nothing is worse than trying to look great in 15-degree weather. So, what’s a girl to do?
There is something about life under the sea that is mysterious to us, but a visit to the Chicago Shedd Aquarium can open your eyes and take you on an adventure down under. There are […]
Experience the freedom of floating across the sky, with a bird’s eye view of Chicagoloand. See the skyline from a whole new vantage point! Balloon rides near Chicago are generally flown around Sunrise or Sunset […]
Chicago boasts several writing and poetry schools with a variety of class options. You can attend classes for fun, or even obtain a certificate or undergraduate degree. The Writers Loft 1450 W. Waveland (3700 north), […]
Did you know Ferris Bueller’s “Chicago Home” was actually a home in Los Angeles? It was a home on Country Club Drive in Long Beach, Los Angeles. Ferris Bueller’s school where he decides to play […]
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.303
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!