Johnny Borizov was found guilty of plotting to kill three members of his ex-girlfriend’s family three years ago in Darien.
Kyle Voissem was convicted Tuesday after a two-day bench trial, and now faces up to three years in prison. The judge also ordered him to undergo psychiatric evaluation.
Michael Moreno was involved in a road rage incident with another vehicle. Following the incident, he chased the other vehicle, then crashed into Gerald Puglise’s motorcycle, killing Puglise.
The pathologist who ruled Kathleen Savio was the victim of a homicide after authorities reopened their investigation into her death said being skeptical was the key to determining it was no simple accident.
Jurors in the Drew Peterson trial said the hearsay testimony in the trial was “extremely critical” in reaching a guilty verdict.
Ron Supalo, a postal worker from Bolingbrook, was a member of the jury that found Drew Peterson guilty of murder in the 2004 death of Kathleen Savio.
Jennifer Hudson and her fiancé went to Six Flags Great America Saturday, a day after she listened to guilty verdicts against her former brother-in-law for killing her mother, brother and 7-year-old nephew.
An elderly mob thief has been convicted of racketeering charges for plotting a series of robberies with two other geriatric mobsters, who had already pleaded guilty to helping plan the heists.
At the end of a murder trial featuring dueling DNA experts, a Cook County judge looked to the demeanor of the defendant and of relatives forced to testify against him to reach his verdict.
Illinois power broker and millionaire businessman William Cellini has been found guilty on two of four counts related to a conspiracy to squeeze the Oscar-winning producer of “Million Dollar Baby” for a campaign contribution.
A former Glenbard West High School football player was convicted Thursday of raping a 15-year-old girl last year shortly before a car crash that killed another teen implicated in the assault.
Robert Lyons won’t be attending an Avril Lavigne show for decades after a DuPage County jury convicted him of murdering his mother because she wouldn’t arrange tickets for him to one of the pop star’s concerts.
A Kane County jury has convicted an Elk Grove Village man of aggravated battery, but acquitted him of attempted murder for trying to run over a Chicago police officer near Elgin two years ago.
Twin brothers charged last year with forcing young women to perform sex acts for money in the south suburbs will be going to prison, the first people in Illinois convicted of human trafficking.
Lake Superior Court jurors deliberated about three hours before convicting a Gary, Ind. man in a stabbing incident that killed one man and seriously wounded his fiancée last year.
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4789
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!