Former Ald. Sharon Dixon (24th) was ordered held in lieu of $25,000 bond on a felony gun charge Tuesday for allegedly approaching Chicago Police officers outside the Ogden District with a loaded gun over the weekend.
A southwest suburban man was arrested this week after a surveillance video showed him holding a gun in a stairwell at Bolingbrook High School after school let out for the day, police said.
A 15-year-old student was arrested Monday morning for trying to bring an unloaded handgun into a Northwest Side high school.
CBS 2’s Roseanne Tellez reports the incident has probation officers renewing calls for more staff.
The robbery happened about 7:30 p.m., as the off-duty officer sat in his own car near 91st and King Drive, police said.
A Cook County correctional officer faces weapons charges after she allegedly pulled a gun while arguing with a woman over a washing machine and said, “This is all the protection I need.”
A school shooting drill planned for tomorrow in the far northwestern suburbs has many parents upset.
The company offered no context to the decision. Gun rights and restrictions have been the subject of fierce debate following a string of mass murders.
Parents were attending a meeting at John Marsh Elementary School on Friday, after complaining that they weren’t officially notified about a teen’s arrest for bringing a gun to school until after they’d read about it on Facebook.
A teenager was arrested after bringing an unloaded gun to school and stored it in his locker.
A northwest suburban man was arrested Saturday after wielding a gun and threatening family members, who barricaded themselves inside a room to escape him.
A teenager who died two days after he was shot in the head on the West Side was killed by a friend playing with a gun, according to police.
A teenager died two days after he accidentally shot himself in the head at his home in the Austin neighborhood on the West Side.
A man sitting in a car in the parking lot of an Oak Lawn Chuck E. Cheese’s restaurant emerged unscathed after two gunmen approached the vehicle and opened fire Saturday night.
A spokesman for a security firm that reputedly employs state Sen. Donne Trotter couldn’t confirm Friday whether the lawmaker holds a position that allows him to carry a concealed weapon. CBS 2′s Mike Parker reports.
State Sen. Donne Trotter on Thursday evening said he’ll stay in the race for the 2nd Congressional District, even though he faces charges he tried to bring a handgun through a security checkpoint at O’Hare International Airport.
Gov. Pat Quinn was side-stepping questions about State Sen. Donne Trotter’s arrest on Wednesday for allegedly trying to carry a handgun onto a flight at O’Hare International Airport, saying the judicial process should play out in court.
An Illinois state senator running to replace Jesse Jackson Jr. in Congress was arrested Wednesday morning after he allegedly tried to bring a gun onto a plane at O’Hare International Airport.
Wayne Han, 35, of Valparaiso, reportedly admitted to holding a gun to a 13-year-old girl’s head in an attempt to get her to perform sexual acts.
An American Airlines flight attendant was ordered held in lieu of $10,000 bail Saturday for allegedly trying to bring a gun onto an airplane at O’Hare International Airport.
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!