From Uptown to Englewood, Irving Park to Brighton Park, Humboldt Park to the Back of the Yards, gunshots were heard throughout the city this weekend.
Federal prosecutors said David Lewisbey supplied Englewood gun trafficker Levaine Tanksley with most of the 43 guns Tanksley allegedly sold to a federal informant in April.
The Illinois Council Against Handgun Violence, the Chicago Clergy Coalition and gun violence victims have collected 30,000 petitions from Illinois citizens calling on the state and lawmakers to pass an assault weapons ban.
The state’s largest teachers’ union is pledging to fight any attempt to allow teachers to carry guns in the classroom.
The guns included 26 handguns, 15 rifles and four shotguns.
More than 40 people did so in the first hour, surrendering an array of weapons that ranged from handguns to rifles.
A federal appeals court in Chicago strikes down Illinois’ ban on carrying concealed weapons.
Two people were killed and 10 wounded in gun violence in the city since Friday night.
Plainfield Police Chief John Konopek has withdrawn his request to be allowed to install locked gun safes in three of District 202’s four high schools and its alternative school, Plainfield Academy.
At least one gunshot was fired Monday afternoon during a confrontation outside Joliet Central High School, school authorities reported.
Police Supt. Garry McCarthy says despite the weekend violence that left nine dead, officers were able to diffuse a potentially dangerous situation on Michigan Avenue.
A proposal involving schools and guns is up for a vote in suburban Plainfield – and it actually involves bringing more guns to schools.
Joliet police say they did not want to break a record they set last year, but it looks like it’s going to happen.
Since the mass murders in Colorado, interest in owning a gun appears to have spiked here in Illinois.
Using the lure of $100 gift cards, the Chicago Police Department is encouraging people to get guns out of their homes and turn them in this Saturday, during the annual gun turn-in program.
The city of Chicago wants to get guns off the street, and is asking people to turn them in on their own.
More and more women are buying guns and learning how to use them. CBS 2′s Mai Martinez reports.
A Nevada man was arrested Saturday when he admitted that there were weapons and ammunition in his baggage during a security check at the Greyhound bus station in the West Loop.
Gun sales are up in Indiana, to the point where some stores are running short on both ammunition and weapons.
CBS 2′s Walter Jacobson praises Walgreens for taking a different approach to the contents of Easter baskets this year.
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.236
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.303
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!