Four months after Hadiya Pendleton’s murder, her parents continue to work toward making Chicago’s streets safer.
The two men charged with murder in the shooting death of 15-year-old honor student Hadiya Pendleton pleaded innocent on Thursday.
Preserving peace, striking down violence. That was the message behind a charity volleyball game tonight. Friends of slain teen Hadiya Pendleton are raising funds to keep her dreams alive.
An invite to the White House Easter Egg Roll for the mother and brother of a teen killed in January near the Obama’s home in Chicago.
he murder of Hadiya Pendleton made headlines in Chicago and across the country. Now, as CBS 2’s Dorothy Tucker reports, the mom of the teenager with such a bright future has plans to help other kids excel.
A day after a gun trafficking law named after slain Chicago teen Hadiya Pendleton made its way to the Senate floor, U.S. Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) said he believes it has the best chance of becoming law out of all the gun control proposals being considered on Capitol Hill.
Funeral services were held today on the West Side for an 18-year-old Chicago High School student shot in the back, allegedly by a gang member aiming for someone else, reports WBBM’s Mike Krauser.
It’s a job no parent wants–to go on a crusade in memory of their child.
President Barack Obama made a pitch for tighter firearms controls as well as economic measures that he says could improve young peoples’ safety in the long run.
President Obama connected Hadiya Pendleton to his own neighborhood as the teenager’s parents sat in the gallery, right next to the 1st lady. CBS 2’s Jim Williams spoke to them earlier.
CBS 2 has learned Michael Ward violated that probation three times before her killing, with only one violation being reported to the judge.
Several Chicagoans who have lost children to gun violence were in Washington, D.C., on Tuesday for a congressional hearing on how to balance new gun laws against the constitutional rights of gun owners.
Bond has been denied for the two purported gang members allegedly responsible for gunning down a 15-year-old honor student two weeks ago.
Two Chicago men have been charged with the murder of Hadiya Pendleton, the 15-year-old high school honor student who was gunned down at a Kenwood neighborhood park late last month, only days after marching at President Obama’s inauguration.
President Obama will be back in town Friday to talk about the ongoing gun violence in the city.
Two people are in custody and being questioned about the murder of Hadiya Pendleton.
A 43-year-old man was arrested Saturday morning after causing a disturbance outside the church where funeral services for 15-year Hadiya Pendleton were to later be held.
Hadiya Pendleton’s family had said they wanted to keep politics out of the 15-year-old murder victim’s funeral and despite the political undertones, considering some of the guests, they mostly did.
Funeral directors on Friday held the visitation for the 15-year-old Chicago teen who performed at President Obama’s inauguration festivities only to be gunned down days later on the South Side.
Police Supt. Garry McCarthy said Friday the search for the killer of 15-year-old Hadiya Pendleton is at a critical point, but he said he can’t reveal any details, at the risk of jeopardizing the investigation.
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.303
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!