A group of Chicagoans trying to help recovery efforts in Haiti, two years after the devastating earthquake, gathered at Children’s Memorial Hospital Thursday to discuss the on-going effort.
On this day two years ago, a devastating earthquake shook Haiti, killing more than 300,000 people and leaving more than a million homeless. Here is a look at the advances made since.
Nearly a dozen students from Mother McAuley High School were honored today by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, but their project remains undelivered in Haiti.
A University of Chicago specialist in Haiti says the best that can be said about former dictator Jean-Claude “Baby Doc” Duvalier’s return is he probably won’t be able to steal much.
Why is ousted dictator Jean-Claude “Baby Doc” Duvalier returning, and why do some in Haiti like the idea?
An organization founded by a local church brought an estimated 40,000 Haitians together to celebrate their faith.
It was one year ago Wednesday that an earthquake ravaged the island nation of Haiti, leaving thousands of children orphaned. Two sisters who arrived in the United States right after the quake are now settled in to their new life.
The group “Churches Helping Churches,” organized by the Harvest Bible Chapel, is holding a service in Haiti to commemorate the one-year anniversary of the horrific earthquake there.
In a couple of weeks, a movement spurred by a local megachurch is organizing what might be the largest gathering in Haiti since the earthquake. CBS 2′s Susanna Song reports.
A suburban doctor goes to Haiti to do humanitarian work and brings back a father in desperate need of surgery. He not only arranges the surgery, but invites the man to live with him and his family, while he recovers. CBS 2’s Suzanne Le Mignot reports.
A surgeon who rescued two badly injured Haiti earthquake victims has been honored by the National Association of Social Workers.
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Teen Fatally Stabbed In Fight Outside Suburban Grocery StoreRomeoville police say a 17-year-old boy and a 22-year-old man got into a fight in the parking lot outside the Jewel-Osco on Weber Road.432
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!