Hall Of Fame
Former Chicago Bear Richard Dent will be inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame on August 6. He’ll be the 30th person from the Bears organization to be inducted, but the first Tennessee State alumnus.
John Mackey, a Hall of Fame former player for the Baltimore Colts who had battled with dementia, has died. He was 69.
Hall of Fame catcher Gary Carter has a brain tumor that is likely cancerous.
Hall of Fame catcher Gary Carter says doctors discovered four “very small” brain tumors after he had an MRI on Friday in Florida.
Former University of Michigan head coach Lloyd Carr is among the 16 players and coaches that were selected for induction into the College Football Hall of Fame.
When the Chicago Bears drafted Richard Dent in the eighth round of the 1983 NFL Draft, they made one of the best decisions in the franchise’s draft history. Bears fans are hoping that Dent’s luck with the draft continues.
While eight women and four men sat in the jury box preparing to judge Barry Bonds, another group that will evaluate the home run king was watching and listening in the federal courtroom, sitting on the wooden benches in the last five rows. Their votes will not be cast for 20 more months.
Assuming that there is a 2011 NFL preseason, the Chicago Bears have officially released their expected opponents.
Former Chicago Bulls Dennis Rodman, Tex Winter and Artis Gilmore have been elected into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame.
Hall of Fame defensive end Carl Eller and three other former NFL players who have joined the players’ fight against the league.
A familiar face will be inducted into the Illinois Broadcasters Association’s Hall of Fame this spring.
The Chicago Blackhawks will donate a 2010 Stanley Cup ring to the Hockey Hall of Fame as part of a special Stanley Cup display.
Bob Knight is one of the most polarizing figures in the history of college basketball. He won three national titles and had 902 career wins, but his on court outbursts were controversial.
The fans want there to be football in 2011, and so do the current players. It’s the owners who are threatening to keep the season from happening. And now some of the game’s greats are voicing their opinions.
Getting into Canton proved to be more elusive for Richard Dent than the quarterbacks he brought down 137 times during his career.
The Chicago Bears’ Richard Dent has been enshrined into the NFL Hall of Fame.
Once again, former Chicago Bear Richard Dent will be a finalist for induction into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio.
This week the NFL Hall of Fame will announce the former players that will makeup this year’s inductees. And once again, Richard Dent will be up for consideration.
Members of the Baseball Writers Association of America are making their point loud and clear to all the former players who played during the “Steroid Era.”
Brian Urlacher, Devin Hester, Julius Peppers and Lance Briggs were all named to the Pro-Bowl this season. But is there a bigger honor awaiting these players once their careers are over?
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.389
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!