Three people were killed and five more were injured by gunfire in Chicago overnight – including a pregnant woman, and a teenage boy who was shot for the second time in a month.
A pregnant woman and a teenage boy were wounded overnight when a gunman opened fire on them in the North Lawndale neighborhood.
Three people were killed, and seven others were injured, in shootings during the day Thursday as the high climbed to 102 degrees, and during the steamy night afterward.
A man was fatally shot Thursday evening in the Archer Heights neighborhood on the Southwest Side, police said.
Children were evacuated from a parochial school in the Logan Square neighborhood, after a man threatened to jump from a roof nearby.
A rash of shootings around Chicago left one man dead and six others injured Tuesday night and early Wednesday morning.
A traffic crash took down two power poles in Skokie early Tuesday, leaving more than 1,500 power customers without electricity.
A man was hospitalized in critical condition Thursday morning after being shot by police during a traffic stop.
A smoky fire damaged a home in the Little Village neighborhood overnight.
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotPolice responded to calls of shots fired about 4:34 p.m. and found the man, whose age and identity were not immediately released, shot in the front seat of a vehicle in the 2800 block of Sheridan Road.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Senate Passes Ban On Handheld Cell Phones While DrivingThe proposal says drivers must use hands-free devices or speakerphone features.127
- Three Stabbed On Northwest SideThree teenagers were stabbed in the Belmont Cragin area Thursday night on the Northwest Side.142
- Students Disciplined For ‘Sexting’ Incident At Evanston Township HighIn a letter to parents dated Thursday, District 202 Supt. Eric Witherspoon wrote that girls sent inappropriate photos to members of the varsity baseball team.265
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!