A man was shot three times in the back Wednesday night about three blocks away from a police station on the West Side.
A Chicago police officer is facing a number of felony charges after allegedly having sex with a prisoner he promised to release from a lockup.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel said Thursday the Police Department is prepared to expand its anti-gang strategies, after early efforts in two neighborhoods have shown dramatic results.
A Chicago Police officer has been relieved of his powers and is off the streets, amid allegations that he requested sexual favors from someone being held in a district lockup.
Police were searching for a 15-year-old drug suspect who they say managed a great escape from his handcuffs – and out of the District 11 police station.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel and police Supt. Garry McCarthy on Friday announced partnerships with federal law enforcement to reduce violent crime in police districts on the South and West sides.
Police First Deputy Supt. Al Wysinger is talking about plans to cut crime in the struggling Englewood and Harrison districts. But Wysinger says simply hiring more police officers is not the answer.
Police Supt. Garry McCarthy is calling on people who live in high-crime areas to help keep their streets safe.
The mother of a teenage boy who died in police custody has filed a lawsuit against the city and the police officers involved.
Police are talking to a person of interest, after two young Chicago Police officers were shot and wounded on the city’s West Side.
An autopsy has been deemed inconclusive for a 17-year-old boy who died in police custody, after being arrested for possession of heroin on the city’s West Side.
Scores of police squad cars were among the many vehicles damaged Thursday night due to the hailstorm that swept through.
A sewer problem in the West Side’s Harrison District police station caused a messy situation early Thursday.
Nearly 200 gang members belonging to what the Chicago Police Department calls the most violent gang faction in the West Side’s Harrison District have been arrested as part of the department’s effort to crack down on gangs that are responsible for homicides, police Superintendent Jody P. Weis announced on Sunday.
- Jail Inmate Charged With Previous Murder, Shooting In RobbinsA Cook County Jail inmate faces new charges in connection with a 2012 murder and a separate 2011 shooting in south suburban Robbins, the Cook County Sheriff’s office announced Saturday.60
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!