For more than two decades, a Chicago group has been working to help troubled kids, and the approach it takes is all about cars.
Amilee Cruikshank is a unique person: She still works four days a week and is in excellent health, despite the fact that she will soon be 109 years old. CBS 2’s Harry Porterfield says she’s someone you should know.
If you think the world is too big and could be a little smaller, why not try making doll houses? A good place start is the Blackberry Harvest Dollhouse Museum in Homewood, CBS 2′s Harry Porterfield reports.
At the Chicago Math and Science Academy, students are becoming young experts in robotics and winning awards for them. CBS 2′s Harry Porterfield reports.
Lee Krizka and her dog, Merlot, both have disabilities, but they make quite a team. CBS 2′s Harry Porterfield reports.
First a teacher and then a healthcare administrator, at 75 Phillips began creating collages from bits and pieces of paper and fabric. CBS 2′s Harry Porterfield reports.
Bob Lee of Barrington is giving back to cancer research and other causes. CBS 2′s Harry Porterfield reports.
Same Lozada and his wife, Janice, perform at more than 300 nursing homes. CBS 2′s Harry Porterfield reports.
Six days a week, you can find Seymour Goldberg at his shop, Seymour’s BMW, at 3510 N. Elston, where he starts work at 5 a.m. CBS 2′s Harry Porterfield reports.
Eschel’s documentary captures the history of the Maxwell Street Market. CBS 2′s Harry Porterfield reports.
Her commanding voice is even more remarkable when you realize Mae Ya Carter Ryan is only 11. CBS 2′s Harry Porterfield reports.
CBS 2′s Harry Porterfield introduces us to a program that enhances the self-esteem of young women.
CBS 2′s Harry Porterfield introduces us to some performers who believe laughter is the best medicine.
Benches and birdhouses are some of the products they make at the New Lenox Wood Works, but what’s most important is the joy the place brings to the people who work there.
The award-winning Irish fiddler and founder and director of the Irish Music School of Chicago grew up on the city’s North Side.
Over the years, George Hernandez has trained thousands of professional and amateur boxers and at least 30 are classified as world champions.
Etta Schiller just celebrated her 100th birthday and she’s still going strong. CBS 2′s Harry Porterfield reports.
CBS 2′s Harry Porterfield introduces us to a woman who keeps man’s best friend feeling relaxed.
Dakota Goff spends his time on a project to help sick children and their parents. CBS 2′s Harry Porterfield reports.
For 19 years, the Whitney Nots have been having a fantastic time dancing and entertaining people, and CBS 2’s Harry Porterfield thinks each member of the group is someone you should know.
- BREAKING: Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- Employee At Dunbar High Suspended After Pushing Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Student Pulled Over And Robbed By Phony Police OfficerA man driving an unmarked white Ford Crown Victoria with interior flashing red and blue lights pulled the student over near Ballard and Bender roads in Des Plaines as she was driving to school around 7:30 a.m. on May 20.340
- Census Data: Chicago Slowest Growing Big City In U.S.Chicago gained nearly 10,000 people from July 2011 to July 2012, but was the slowest-growing major city in the country according to U.S. Census Bureau estimates released Thursday.130
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!