A special anti-gang unit has set up operations in far northwestern Harvard, and officials say it’s already yielding results.
Collins and Northwestern may be an ideal fit. It will certainly look and sound that way while it’s still all about appearances.
To measure the unpredictability of this year’s NCAA Tournament, consider two items that didn’t make this column: Gonzaga, a 32-win team on a 15-game win streak, didn’t survive the first weekend, and Harvard, a 14 seed, won its first ever Tournament game.
Police in Harvard, Ill., have arrested a student they say left a used shell casing in an elementary school on Monday – and today left more spent casings at another school and on a school bus.
Students at a far northwest suburban elementary school were kept in their classrooms today – after a used shell casing was found in the school.
Forget Romney’s taxes that will simply confirm his wealthy. Let’s see Obama’s college transcripts and find out what is necessary for him to hide.
When it comes to the candidates’ pasts, Obama – not Romney – should be on the defensive. Obviously, questions about Obama have been unanswered for a longer period of time than Romney’s.
Police pulled the plug on a music festival that was expected to draw 1,000 people this past weekend, after the owners of the land for the festival said they were only expecting 20 campers to show up.
It’s difficult enough to hire the right basketball coach at Illinois, without choosing to limit the field of candidates beforehand.
Conservationists are working to preserve and shelter a 400-year-old white oak, found in an untouched area just south of Harvard, Ill., near the Wisconsin state line.
A far northwest suburban woman is being held on $2 million bond for allegedly stabbing a 9-month-old boy in the head Friday night in Harvard.
An elderly woman was killed by a Metra train overnight when she apparently got lost in McHenry County, began driving on the railroad tracks and then got out of her car and began walking along the tracks.
Two northwest suburban parents were charged Thursday with leaving their four young children home alone while they went to work.
A $1,000 reward is being offered for information leading to the arrest of whoever left a dog to die in a garage in northwest suburban Harvard.
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!