Police are calling it a robbery, but the family of an 18-year-old murder victim says his death wasn’t about money or valuables.
A 47-year-old Tinley Park man is accused of a hate crime, after he allegedly attacked an African American man working on a house in his neighborhood on Sunday.
A self-avowed white supremacist who has already served time for a hate crime was charged Wednesday with trying to set fire to the home of his Joliet neighbors – an African-American family with eight children.
Police and fire investigators aren’t saying much, but neighbors are certainly talking about what they think might be a religious hate crime.
A former Elmhurst College student has been convicted of a hate crime, for carving racist epithets outside a dorm at the school.
A teen charged with a hate crime in Oak Park says he attacked and beat up his victim because he was angry about the Trayvon Martin case.
A suburban college student was beaten at Illinois State University over the weekend and he said he was targeted because he was gay.
An African-American teenager says he was attacked, strangled with a noose and racially taunted by three white youths because of his relationship with a suspect’s family member.
A 23-year-old downstate man appears before a judge in Champaign for a bond hearing Thursday, one day after he allegedly stabbed a University of Illinois College of Law faculty member in the neck.
One of three teens charged with a hate crime for making derogatory statements and threatening a man near Millennium Park last summer was sentenced to two years’ probation on Wednesday.
An Oswego man will spend the next two years in prison, after admitting to attacking and brutally beating another man because he was gay.
Bond was set at $50,000 for two teens charged along with a juvenile with a hate crime after making derogatory statements and threatening someone Thursday night near Millennium Park.
The victim says he was accosted by three individuals Thursday night near Millennium Park, and police say the comments they made violated the state’s hate-crime law.
An Illinois football player arrested in an attack that police say may have been motivated by the victims’ sexual orientation has a previous felony conviction for cocaine possession.
Was the vandalism of 51 floats for the Gay Pride Parade this past weekend a hate crime?
Two female African-American Lewis University students are suing three fellow students for hate crimes after the men allegedly dropped a noose in front of their dorm room window and sang a song telling the girls to lynch themselves.
A documentary-maker for a Chicago-based film production company says he was attacked in Iowa while making a film about the treatment of Arabs in the United States.
FBI is asked to help decide if crime was a civil rights violation.
BLOOMINGTON, Ind. (AP) – Indiana University police say a group of African-Americans used racial slurs before attacking and robbing a group of Asian students. LISTEN: Newsradio 780′s Dave Marsett Reports Police say the attack happened […]
- Jail Inmate Charged With Previous Murder, Shooting In RobbinsA Cook County Jail inmate faces new charges in connection with a 2012 murder and a separate 2011 shooting in south suburban Robbins, the Cook County Sheriff’s office announced Saturday.60
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!