I’ve decided I’m with Hawk Harrelson.
You may have heard what White Sox broadcaster Hawk Harrelson said about sabermetrics Wednesday night. If you didn’t, Brian Kenny certainly did.
In the closest race in contest history, Hawk Harrelson is the 2012 Quote Of The Year winner.
Maybe this is the reason the White Sox TV broadcast was voted the worst in Major League Baseball.
The only proper way to render what that was last night would be to have it painted in oil by Bruegel the Elder and hung in the Prado.
On Thursday, the Chicago White Sox announced that they would officially rename the the broadcast level at U.S. Cellular Field the “Hawk Harrelson Broadcast Level.”
White Sox announcer Hawk Harrelson says he is looking forward to success from a Sox team with “a nice, winning attitude.”
Mark Buehrle has been the ace of the Chicago White Sox pitching staff for a while. But playing in the final season of his contract the question surrounding Buehrle is how much longer will he pitch.
KennyBall, anyone? After allowing Ozzie Guillen to realize his quixotic desire for speed and flexibility — mixing and matching his lineup and playing NL-style baseball — it appears the White Sox have come to their senses by signing prolific slugger Adam Dunn to a four-year deal worth $56 million.
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.239
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotPolice responded to calls of shots fired about 4:34 p.m. and found the man, whose age and identity were not immediately released, shot in the front seat of a vehicle in the 2800 block of Sheridan Road.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Senate Passes Ban On Handheld Cell Phones While DrivingThe proposal says drivers must use hands-free devices or speakerphone features.127
- Three Stabbed On Northwest SideThree teenagers were stabbed in the Belmont Cragin area Thursday night on the Northwest Side.142
- Students Disciplined For ‘Sexting’ Incident At Evanston Township HighIn a letter to parents dated Thursday, District 202 Supt. Eric Witherspoon wrote that girls sent inappropriate photos to members of the varsity baseball team.265
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!