NBA referee Bennett Salvatore acknowledged Sunday that he blew a call in the closing minutes of the Chicago Bulls’ 100-88 loss to the Atlanta Hawks, which evened the Eastern Conference semifinal at two games apiece.
We have a tendency in this town to look for scapegoats when things go badly for the home team. Ask Steve Bartman, Hue Hollins, Jerry Dybzinski, and the Gatorade-soaked glove of Leon Durham.
In a back and forth battle for most of the night, the Atlanta Hawks pulled away towards the end and went on to beat the Chicago Bulls.
Desperation time for the Hawks and a chance for the Bulls to put a stranglehold on this series Sunday night. The Hawks know that if they lose this evening they’re probably done.
With the Bulls winning the last two games (including Friday night in Atlanta), are the Hawks on the verge of quitting?
Two days after NBA Commissioner David Stern handed Derrick Rose the MVP Award in front of a United Center Crowd, Rose looked every bit deserving of the honor.
The Chicago Bulls had their game faces on Friday morning at their shootaround in Atlanta.
Chicago Bulls forward Carlos Boozer is listed as questionable for Friday night’s Eastern Conference semifinal game against the Atlanta Hawks.
The Chicago Bulls and the Atlanta Hawks wrapped up the first two games of their Eastern Conference semifinal matchup with a 1-1 split. Now the series shifts to Atlanta, with the Hawks headed home with some confidence.
The Atlanta Hawks took heart from the way they played in the first two games at Chicago. And they’re taking note of what’s happening in the rest of the NBA playoffs.
The Chicago Bulls were one of the most dominant teams during the regular season, posting 62 wins and the best record in the entire NBA.
In the Chicago Bulls’ seven playoffs games this season, Derrick Rose has rolled his ankle twice. He’s been good in the playoffs so far, averaging 26.7 points per game, but he hasn’t been his usual self since the injury.
The Chicago Bulls’ 86-73 Game 2 win over the Atlanta Hawks wasn’t the prettiest Chicago has had this season, but it’s a win nonetheless.
If you’re going to be called an “energy player,” it means three things about you are true.
NBA Commissioner David Stern was on hand for Game 2 of the Bulls-Hawks series to present Derrick Rose his MVP trophy in front of the Chicago crowd.
In the final seconds of the Chicago Bulls’ 103-95 loss to the Atlanta Hawks, Chicago’s series outlook took a dramatic turn for the worse when Derrick Rose turned his ankle and hobbled off the court.
It was bad enough that the Chicago Bulls dropped Game 1 of their Eastern Conference semifinal matchup against the Atlanta Hawks. But to make matters worse, the Bulls, once again, struggled with a lesser opponent.
Coming into the season, people expected good things from the Chicago Bulls, but it’s safe to say that no one expected them to have the best record in the NBA and the league’s Coach of the Year and Most Valuable Player.
Most fans were relieved when the Chicago Bulls knocked off the Indiana Pacers in five games. The Pacers had given the Bulls trouble, but Chicago still managed to pull out the games in the fourth quarter.
The Hawks 103-95 victory at the United Center in Game 1 had to be an anomaly right? Since when do the Bulls play lackluster basketball and get outrebounded while Derrick Rose plays poorly?
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.303
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!