A small gas leak in the school and then an unrelated power outage that caused a burning odor throughout Edison Middle School.
Residents were evacuated on Tuesday morning following a gas leak on the South Side.
A substance leaking from a piece of luggage prompted a hazardous materials response at Midway International Airport Monday morning.
A West Englewood neighborhood family is crediting their dog with saving them from a potentially deadly carbon monoxide leak.
Two separate vehicles struck a Chicago Police officer and firefighter who were directing traffic at the scene of gas leak Saturday afternoon in the Far Southwest Side Mount Greenwood neighborhood.
The suspicious substance at an envelope sent to the Daley Center courthouse and office building downtown turned out to be powdered drywall.
An investigation is underway in Elgin after a suspicious substance was mailed to a court building.
Emergency crews have secured a large gas leak outside a Streeterville neighborhood hotel on Thursday.
Crews this morning were cleaning up the scene of an overnight hazardous chemical situation at a meat packing plant in south suburban Bridgeview.
Five ambulances and a hazardous materials team were sent out Monday morning for a chemical spill at a business in LaGrange.
A car accident prompted a hazardous materials incident on the West Side this morning.
A grenade prompted a Hazardous Materials response Thursday morning at a waste handling facility on the city’s southern edge.
Two cars headed in opposite direction both hit the same freight train overnight, and now there are serious questions about whether the rail crossing safety systems were even working.
A suspected meth lab in Des Plaines prompted a hazardous materials situation overnight.
A reported hazardous materials situation this morning at a building at O’Hare International Airport turned out to be a false alarm.
Diesel fuel has spilled in the basement of a Loop building Thursday morning.
Firefighters have evacuated residents from an entire block on the Northwest Side and placed them on warming buses as utility crews work to repair a gas main leak Thursday evening.
A gas leak has been reported in the Far South Side’s Hegewisch neighborhood on Thursday afternoon.
Paramedics were sent to the scene a South Loop apartment building Monday moring, after pepper spray was discharged on the upper floors.