A man died early Tuesday when he suffered an apparent heart attack and crashed into a median barrier on the Kennedy Expy.
Dr. David Beiser and students from U of C’s Lab School set out to map AED locations in Hyde Park.
A touching salute to a fallen Chicago firefighter drew hundreds of his comrades to his wake Tuesday night in the Chatham neighborhood.
A Chicago firefighter suffered a heart attack and died late Sunday after he returned to quarters after helping to put out a small fire in the South Side Beverly neighborhood.
Michael Clarke Duncan, the hulking, prolific character actor whose dozens of films included an Oscar-nominated performance as a death row inmate in “The Green Mile” and such other box office hits as “Armageddon,” “Planet of the Apes” and “Kung Fu Panda,” is dead at age 54.
The game between the Chicago White Sox and Toronto Blue Jays was delayed for 4 minutes in the seventh inning while a fan received CPR and was taken away on a stretcher.
A federal judge agreed to delay the sentencing of a onetime Springfield powerbroker with ties to former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich for a second time Wednesday because of health issues.
An Oak Lawn man who survived a massive heart attack has finally met the nurse who performed life-saving CPR while on her lunch hour last fall.
The 4th of July isn’t just any holiday for a man named Ron Raidy. It’s anniversary of the day he died and was brought back to life.
More health problems have been reported for convicted powerbroker William Cellini, as he awaits sentencing for extortion.
William Cellini, the long-time Illinois powerbroker convicted of conspiring to shake down a Hollywood producer, has suffered a heart attack.
A Chicago Police officer who shot and wounded a cop killer nearly two years ago now finds himself fighting for his life.
Assistant softball coach Rich Keller had just collected third base when he was struck down by a heart attack. CBS 2′s Brad Edwards reports on what happened next.
West Chicago Mayor Mike Kwasman died Tuesday afternoon, three days after suffering a heart attack.
West Chicago Mayor Mike Kwasman is undergoing treatment at Central DuPage Hospital in Winfield after suffering a heart attack Saturday, according to a statement from the town.
Doctors say many women don’t see a heart attack coming because they have different symptoms than men, and even emergency room physicians can be slow to reach a diagnosis.
A Southwest Side police commander died Saturday night after suffering a heart attack while off duty, police said.
If you’re in your 40s or 50s, Northwestern University researchers say it is critical to control your blood pressure.
The principal violist for the Lyric Opera has died unexpectedly.
A handicapped man filed a lawsuit Wednesday against a South Loop grocery that he claims is responsible for his heart attack because he became upset when non-handicapped vehicles were parked in handicapped spaces.
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!