Near-triple-digit heat is returning to the Chicago area yet again Monday, but a round of thunderstorms in the afternoon might help cool things off – at least a little.
Chicago was bracing for another 100-degree day, prompting emergency officials to ask residents to take precautions.
It’s yet another sweltering day Monday, and more storms could be coming just a day after a quick round of thunderstorms wreaked havoc on the area.
For only the second time in the past seven years, the high temperature in Chicago hit 100 degrees.
The sweltering heat continues for a second day Tuesday, as temperatures again climb into the 90s and humidity makes it feel as hot as 100 degrees.
You may be planning to enjoy some sizzling Chicago blues this weekend in Grant Park, but you ought to take precautions to make sure you’re not sizzling and singing the blues yourself.
If you’re sick and tired of the heat and storms, you won’t be too thrilled with the weather for the beginning of this work week.
Just one day after a deluge gave Chicago the wettest day in its history — for as far back as such records have been kept since 1871 — a morning storm made this month the second-wettest July in the past 120 years in the city’s recorded history.
The stifling heat blanketing the Chicago area can really vary from place to place, so CBS 2 wanted to go across the city to check out the temperatures for ourselves.
The forecast high for today remains 97 degrees. But conditions will be humid and sticky, and the heat index will make it feel like it’s 100 to 105 degrees.
Record-setting temperatures could be coming today, the second day of sweltering heat and humidity in Chicago.
It’s the hottest day of the year in Chicago, with a forecast just a few degrees short of an all-time record for the day.
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.404
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!
- Miller Lite ‘Take Me Out To The Ballpark’ Ticket Giveaway April 26, 2013Join The Score this summer at various locations throughout the Chicagoland area for your chance to win one of twenty pairs of tickets to a future White Sox game!