A man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.
For the second time in just more than a year, a person was found dead at the bottom of a trash chute at a Gold Coast high-rise building.
CBS 2′s Derrick Blakley looks at a real-estate trend: luxury rentals.
The fire was on the 7th floor of a 27-story high rise at 230 E. Ontario St., according to the Fire Department.
A woman jumped to her death from a high-rise building Friday in the North Side Uptown neighborhood.
Two elderly people were injured in a fire in a high-rise building in the South Side Kenwood.
CBS 2′s Jim Williams reports the group behind the campaign is supported by businesses that stand to benefit from the installation of sprinklers.
No injuries were reported in the two-alarm fire in Lincoln Park.
A man plunged to his death from the 10th floor of the luxury condo tower at 30 E. Huron St.
A Florida man stands charged with the murder of a Sheridan Road high-rise resident – a woman who made headlines earlier this year for a very public divorce fight with her ex-husband, a Northwestern University professor.
For decades, the falcon population in the United States dropped dramatically because of the insecticide DDT. But now there are more than 20 pairs in Illinois.
The woman was taken to Weiss Memorial Hospital in serious-to-critical condition for smoke inhalation.
Chicago has had eight days of record warmth, and it’s caused some residents of Presidential Towers in the West Loop to wonder why the air conditioning isn’t on.
A fire broke out overnight in a high-rise building in the Uptown neighborhood.
Police are investigating an overnight tragedy in the Gold Coast, in which a developmentally disabled 16-year-old boy was found dead in a trash compactor in a high-rise on Astor Street.
A 77-year old woman was hospitalized, and several senior citizens were displaced, when a fire broke out in a South Loop seniors’ apartment building early Tuesday morning.
The staggering economy has created scores of abandoned commercial housing developments across Chicago. Should they be torn down when years go by and they become eyesores?
The big chill is over for hundreds of residents of a Lincoln Park apartment building that had been without heat for more than five days.
Owners of a Lincoln Park apartment building that has gone without heat or hot water for days have agreed to make temporary repairs by Monday, much sooner than they originally told tenants, after the city took the owners to court on Thursday.
City officials said Monday that a door left open by a Lakeview couple fleeing a high-rise fire helped spread the deadly blaze and an elevator malfunction slowed firefighters’ ability to get to the fire right away.
- Bakery Blunder Makes ‘Cat Cake’ A Viral SensationOf all the cat memes on the Internet, this one takes the cake.900
- Initial Tests ID Glittery Substance Along BeachIndiana environmental officials were investigating whether a Porter County manufacturer was responsible for a slick of glittery material that kept many swimmers out of Porter Beach on Monday.1095
- Weekend Death Toll Rises To 8 After Two Men Die Of Gunshot InjuriesTwo men critically wounded in weekend shootings died Monday, raising the death toll for 2013’s most violent weekend to eight. At least 39 other people were wounded in shootings across the city, authorities said.163
- Mystery Substance Prompts Closure Of Indiana BeachSwimmers have been ordered out of Lake Michigan at Porter Beach because of a substance in the water. WBBM's Nancy Harty has more.6566
- Man Dies After His Head Is Impaled On Fence During FightA man was murdered Sunday night by someone who struck him in the head, causing him to become impaled on a wrought iron fence in the South Side Burnside neighborhood.3601
- Indiana Woman Who Received Death Sentence At 16 Released From PrisonThe first taste of freedom in 27 years, that's what a 43-year-old woman from Gary, Indiana is enjoying tonight, after going to prison for murder. Roseanne Tellez reports, she has an unlikely supporter as she starts her new life: her victim's grandson.263
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Sonata Hybrid Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!