Amtrak had a Thanksgiving present for its riders between Chicago and St. Louis — faster train schedules.
Want to know if high-speed rail plays in Peoria? It depends on which Peorian you ask.
High-speed rail service has arrived in Chicago.
Michigan’s two U.S. Senators announced Wednesday that the U.S. Department of Transportation has released $196.5 million to begin work on a high-speed rail project that ultimately will help bring 110mph trains to 235 miles of the route between Detroit and Chicago.
Critics fear that allowing 110 mph trains on the flat prairie rails of Illinois is just too dangerous, CBS2’s Mike Parker reports.
The state of Illinois will spend $1.25 million to study whether bullet trains could one day whisk passengers between Chicago and Champaign-Urbana in less than an hour.
CHICAGO (WBBM) – Union Station is running out of room for trains, even though Metra commuters are asking for more service, Amtrak is setting ridership records, and advocates want to make Union Station the hub […]
Although Wisconsin, Ohio and Florida have rejected federal high-speed rail money, Illinois and 34 other states are fighting over it. A new study, funded by the manufacturing giant Siemens, sees plenty of advantages and believes support could grow quickly.
After focusing on building a high-speed rail corridor between Chicago and St. Louis, the federal government is about to award money for a high-speed corridor to the east.
Illinois should learn in the next month if it will receive additional high-speed rail grants from the Obama administration.
A new study says a Midwest bullet train could cost more than $83 billion, but it would also run at a speed of 220 mph.
A new season of re-construction begins Saturday on the rail line between Chicago and St. Louis that Amtrak is transforming into a 110-mile-an-hour corridor.
Mayor Richard M. Daley said Wednesday that finding investors for a high-speed train from the Loop to O’Hare International Airport is a top priority of his two-week trade mission to China, now underway.
Illinois came a step closer to high-speed rail on Tuesday, with a project that is bringing 6,000 new jobs.
People who want to kick-start high speed rail in Illinois are at it again.
Federal, state and railroad officials have signed an agreement that they say moves Illinois closer to having high-speed passenger service between Chicago and St. Louis.
Illinois will get a portion of the $1.2 billion in high-speed rail money that newly-elected governors in Ohio and Wisconsin do not want.
Democrats in Wisconsin are hurling some angry sarcasm at Wisconsin Gov.-elect Scott Walker, in the form of a billboard.
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.303
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!