The asking price on basketball legend Michael Jordan’s longtime personal residence has been reduced from $29 million to $21 million.
A North Shore woman is suing a realty company because of what she says happened during an open house.
Teachers and the school board in Highland Park have reached a settlement, ending a one-day strike.
School teachers in Highland Park and Highwood went on strike Tuesday, canceling classes for 4,500 students in North Shore School District 112.
CBS 2’s Dorothy Tucker reports from Highland Park, where teachers picketed Monday afternoon in a show of solidarity.
Teachers apart of the North Shore School District tell CBS 2′s Courtney Gousman, that if they can’t reach an agreement tonight during contract negotiations, they will begin striking tomorrow.
Teachers in North Shore District 112 have set a strike date of Oct. 16 as both sides have so far failed to reach an agreement.
The young woman accused of running over and killing a 5-year-old girl in Highland Park on Labor Day has been indicted for reckless homicide and driving under the influence.
It could be a few days before authorities have a positive identification on a man found dead in his burning home in Highland Park, but neighbors say he was the owner of a local restaurant.
The allegedly impaired teen driver accused of striking and killing a 5-year-old girl on Labor Day may have run over the girl more than once, a lawsuit filed by the victim’s family says.
Although the teachers’ strikes in Chicago and Lake Forest have been resolved, negotiations are at a critical point in several other Chicago-area districts, including North Shore School District 112 in Highland Park.
Teachers in a third local school district could go on strike next month, joining their counterparts in Chicago and Lake Forest in staging a walkout amid stalled contract talks.
Teachers at Lake Forest High School remain on strike this Friday morning, and classes are again cancelled.
A Highland Park teenager was charged Wednesday with reckless homicide after she struck and killed a five-year-old girl.
The young woman accused of running over and killing a 5-year-old girl in Highland Park on Labor Day, after allegedly huffing computer cleaning spray, has been released on $50,000 bond.
While the mayor of Highland Park has expressed frustration with the Lake County State’s Attorney’s Office’s handling of the fatal crash that caused the death of a 5-year-old girl, authorities continue to investigate the accident, David Schwarz, the city’s deputy police chief, said Thursday.
Police have cited an 18-year-old woman with the offense of driving while intoxicated in connection with a Labor Day accident in Highland Park that killed a 5-year-old girl.
There is no word of any charges yet in a horrifying accident that killed a 5-year-old girl in Highland Park Monday afternoon.
The city of Highland Park has a warning for its homeowners: you can’t just lop off the tops of trees — even if they’re on your property.
A Highland Park couple faces the fines and possible jail time for allegedly neglecting cats living their garage.
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!