Passenger car travel on the Illinois Tollway decreased during the first week of the new year, since higher tolls went into effect Jan. 1.
OK, outdoor lovers: Imagine riding your bike from Millennium Park all the way to the Indiana Dunes. It’s part of an ambitious new conservation initiative. CBS 2′s Roseanne Tellez reports.
A few people say they will go along with higher tolls if it puts them back to work.
Since 1853, the Graue Mill in Oakbrook, Illinois, has been grinding out cornmeal, its traditional grist wheel spinning to the ebb and flow of the picturesque Salt Creek. Visit it with your family for a historical flash from the past.
Tuition at the University of Illinois is expected to go up for the next school year, despite a new policy to limit increases.
Gas prices have been skyrocketing across the country, but for some people in Indiana, they soon could be even higher thanks to a tax hike.
If you’re renting an apartment and you live in the Chicago area, you might need to tweak your budget to allow for another increase.
The clock is ticking on Democrats’ tax hike in Springfield, and legislative leaders are now dialing back the proposal to win more votes before the deadline on Wednesday.
Property taxes have been going up across the Chicago area. CBS 2′s Mike Parker talked to one condo owner whose tax bill nearly doubled.
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.247
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Senate Passes Ban On Handheld Cell Phones While DrivingThe proposal says drivers must use hands-free devices or speakerphone features.127
- Three Stabbed On Northwest SideThree teenagers were stabbed in the Belmont Cragin area Thursday night on the Northwest Side.142
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!