David Medina wants to be a cop, and the University of Illinois-Chicago Police Department seemed like the perfect fit. CBS 2′s Mike Puccinelli reports.
Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle is taking aim at the hiring practices of Cook County Assessor Joe Berrios.
A new survey finds that planned job cuts by employers picked up a bit last month but still were way below a year ago.
A Chicago alderman wants to add a fee to your electric bill so the city can hire more police officers.
The union representing Chicago Police officers has been calling for months on the city to hire more officers, even going so far to take billboard ads.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel wants to give new graduates of the City Colleges of Chicago a better shot at a job.
Cook County Circuit Court Chief Judge Timothy Evans appears to be moving ahead with his plan to hire more trial judges when they may not be needed.
A high-profile murder in Merrillville, Ind., has some officials thinking more police are needed in their town.
It’s time for Silicon Valley to move over, because a new report Monday says Chicago is becoming a bigger player in the high-tech industry.
There is some positive news Tuesday about jobs in Chicago and nationwide.
As Metra gets closer to raising passenger fares to fill a gaping hole in its budget, CBS 2 has learned that Metra is now in the process of hiring four very highly-paid executives.
ile the overall jobs’ outlook remains bleak, a new survey finds some pockets of hiring.
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency plans to spend $6 million to hire the unemployed for Great Lakes cleanup projects.
Even as the state received word of mass layoffs, many companies say in a new survey they plan to hire soon, CBS 2’s Dorothy Tucker reports.
After sifting through about one million applications, McDonald’s hired hired more than 60,000 workers nationwide, and over 1,000 in Chicagoland, in conjunction with its National Hiring Day earlier this month.
A new survey suggests a slightly rosier job picture in Chicago for the second three months of this year.
A Careerbuilder.com expert suggests ways for different types of people to score a job at McDonald’s, as the fast-food giant is preparing to hire 50,000 new employees.
A new study suggests about one-fourth of small businesses expect to hire more staff in the next six months. But that trend may not be as robust here in Chicago.
If you’re looking for a job, McDonalds is hanging out the “help wanted” sign.
An Illinois business group survey suggests there will be more jobs to be had in Illinois this year than last.
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.692
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!