The busy summer travel season got underway on Thursday, as many travelers got an early start to the Memorial Day weekend.
Friday will be the busiest day of the holiday season at both of Chicago’s airports, a day after hundreds of flights were cancelled at O’Hare and Midway due to the snow.
Travel is expected to be up this holiday season, and one big reason is plummeting gas prices.
Holiday travel is difficult no matter where you’re from. Everyone is trying to get home to see their loved ones as fast as possible and generally traveling with more luggage than usual as they’re all bearing gifts. Chicagoans have a further cross to bear being a hub city and a centralized urban area. Here are a few tips to make your holiday trip less hectic.
This year, 2.4 million people in Illinois will take to the road for the Independence Day holiday, and most are already gone.
If you’re planning to fly out of Midway International Airport Friday, get ready for what officials say will be the busiest day of the year.
Holiday travel is in full swing Thursday, as O’Hare International Airport expects to see its busiest day of the season.
City officials said an estimated 2.7 million people will travel through Midway International and O’Hare International airports during the Christmas and New Year’s holiday season this year.
The roads will be busier, and the airports less crowded, for the upcoming holiday travel season.
If you’re thinking about flying somewhere for Thanksgiving or Christmas and haven’t made arrangements yet, you might want to hurry up.
Where are you going over the Labor Day weekend? AAA says the majority of us won’t be going very far.
Fewer people will be hitting the road this 4th of July holiday weekend.
Higher gas costs are taking a toll on travel for the upcoming 4th of July holiday.
Even with high gas prices and security hassles at the airports, the AAA Chicago Motor Club expects more people to be traveling for the holidays this year.
Travel experts say the big holiday rush at Chicago’s airports will continue through about 9 a.m. Monday.
O’Hare is tops as nation’s most busy. Midway is ranked among the least busy.
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.692
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!