A Lake County man wrongfully imprisoned for 20 years — half his life — following the 1992 rape and murder of an 11 year old girl, has filed a lawsuit.
With four recent high-profile cases, a Waukegan defense lawyer says Lake County has become a hotbed of false convictions.
The FBI is not going to be checking a DNA profile in a nearly 20-year old Chicago area murder case that reopened last month.
The team that secured Juan Rivera’s exoneration in the Holly Staker murder case is now offering to help Waukegan Police find the girl’s real killer after 20 years.
Waukegan police have re-opened the nearly 20-year-old investigation into the rape and murder of 11-year-old Holly Staker.
A former Waukegan man walked out of state prison Friday after Lake County prosecutors announced they would not challenge an appeals court’s decision to reverse his latest conviction.
Lake County State’s Attorney Michael Waller is expected to meet Monday with his appellate prosecutors to decide whether to pursue any further criminal action against Juan Rivera.
He was sentenced to life in prison for a horrifying crime he claimed he never committed. Now, Juan Rivera could go free. CBS 2′s Mike Puccinelli reports.
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!