Authorities say Warren Hunter, 31, of Gary, Ind., should be considered armed and dangerous.
Lake County Indiana Sheriff’s officers were approaching Espinoza’s home in East Chicago to execute a search warrant when they heard a single gunshot.
Police in Orland Park were looking for three men involved in a shooting and a home invasion overnight on a normally quiet block of the southwest suburb.
Timothy Jones, of the 12500 block of South Union Avenue, was charged with the death of 59-year-old Chicago resident Jacqueline Reynolds.
On the way to a squad car, Jenelle Barton kicked a police sergeant in the chest and bit another on the right hand. The bitten officer was taken to a hospital for treatment.
Cook County prosecutors have charged four people in a grisly triple homicide three years ago in south suburban Harvey, following a botched home invasion and robbery.
A Rockford man has been charged with brutally attacking and sexually assaulting a woman in the South Loop in January, before breaking into her home and robbing her husband.
Last summer, a 17-year-old girl walked out of her downstairs bathroom and was grabbed from behind by an intruder, who sexually assaulted her.
An Elgin man has been charged with murder in the stabbing death of a 33-year-old jewelry artist and burlesque performer earlier this month.
Three masked individuals, one armed with a handgun, forced her back inside where they bound the victim before ransacking her home. An undisclosed amount of jewelry and cash were taken, police said.
A Villa Park man who called a “female escort” got more than he bargained for last week.
A deputy fire chief for south suburban Chicago Ridge has been released on bond, and placed on house arrest, after he was charged with breaking into a neighbor’s condo in Tinley Park, beat her, and threatened to kill her.
A 49-year-old Tinley Park man has been charged with home invasion and attempted murder after he allegedly broke into a woman’s condominium unit in the south suburb early Saturday and beat her while armed with a knife.
A 51-year-old Glenview man has been arrested in connection with an Evanston home invasion in which suspects duct-taped an elderly couple and stole valuable works of art.
A man checking on his neighbor during a home invasion was shot in the arm on the city’s Southeast Side overnight.
With only seconds to react, a 14-year-old girl’s quick thinking helped her and her brother escape from harm. CBS 2′s Pamela Jones reports.
A man who turned himself into police has been charged in connection with an armed home invasion Friday afternoon in Streamwood that put two schools and a library on lockdown.
Police have arrested three suspects, but are still searching for one more, in a home invasion and robbery in Grayslake overnight.
The robbers took jewelry, cash, cell phones and an MP3 player.
A 20-year-old man stands charged a string of sexual assaults on the city’s West Side.
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4789
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!