A man was murdered Sunday night by someone who struck him in the head, causing him to become impaled on a wrought iron fence in the South Side Burnside neighborhood.
A jury convicted a north suburban Zion man of double homicide after deliberating for about four hours Friday, June 7.
The victims—identified by the Cook County Medical Examiner’s office as 79-year-old Peter Mountain and 80-year-old Sally Lopez—were found unresponsive in a bedroom, according to police.
Two men were killed on the West Side Thursday afternoon in the Chicago’s second double-homicide shooting of the day.
The new Lake County Coroner has revised the finding of his predecessor, ruling the death of a man who was shocked with a police stun gun and allegedly beaten by police to be a homicide.
A man died Saturday after being shot in the West Town neighborhood on the North Side.
The shooting death of a 40-year-old man on the West Side was the city’s 500th murder this year, city officials said Friday after initially disagreeing on the tally.
Della Cotton, of the 400 block of West Marquette Road, was found decomposed in her home, according to the Cook County Medical Examiner’s office.
A 23-year-old Evanston man was fatally shot in the head, his body left in a rear alley just north of Evanston High School.
Lake County Coroner Merrilee D. Frey says Gena Chiodo’s decomposed body exhibited signs of “external and internal traumatic injuries due to assault, including multiple stab wounds and blunt force injuries.”
The death of a Rogers Park teen who was shot in the head last week when he and his father were struggling over a handgun has been ruled a homicide, an autopsy on Saturday found.
The pathologist who ruled Kathleen Savio was the victim of a homicide after authorities reopened their investigation into her death said being skeptical was the key to determining it was no simple accident.
A Highland Park teenager was charged Wednesday with reckless homicide after she struck and killed a five-year-old girl.
For a second day, the focus in the Drew Peterson murder trial has been the two autopsies that came to different conclusions about Kathleen Savio’s death, and the judge has had to tell the lawyers to stop bickering in front of jurors.
A Merrillville, Ind. military veteran was discovered stabbed to death in her home after police did a welfare check Friday.
A 29-year-old woman was killed and a man was injured in an accompanying attempted suicide in Westchester Sunday morning.
Former Melrose Park police Sgt. Ronald Susek was fatally shot in the backyard of his home on June 14.
Police said the fatal shooting of the 29-year-old victim happened during some kind of an altercation in the parking lot.
A missing 2-year-old girl from Racine, Wis., was found with her father on the city’s Southeast Side Wednesday morning, after the girl’s mother was killed in a homicide.
The death of a 60-year-old man killed in a Saturday morning arson at his Southwest Side apartment has been ruled a homicide.
- Man Charged With Sex Trafficking For Second Time In Cook CountyA man previously convicted of sex trafficking in Cook County has been charged again, this time for allegedly kidnapping a Minnesota woman and bringing her to Chicago to work in the sex trade.201
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.692
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!