A motorist was shot while driving home early Saturday in the West Side Lawndale neighborhood.
About 25 children were hospitalized in good condition after a carbon monoxide leak at a school in the Far South Side Burnside neighborhood Monday afternoon.
A panel on landmarks declined to give the Bertrand Goldberg-designed building protective status.
Total cost of the project is $30 million, and construction starts on the new building in about a year and a half, CBS 2′s Marissa Bailey reports.
A shooting inside a hospital in the Illinois town of Sycamore has left a man and woman dead.
Ambulance 85 from Chinatown was sent and started the victim on a journey spanning two different hospitals, which greatly delayed medical care. CBS 2′s Dave Savini reports.
CBS 2’s Suzanne Le Mignot spent time at St. Francis Hospital in Evanston, where the emergency room saw about four heat-related cases per hour.
The Chicago Fire Department is trying to find out whether a paramedic falsified a report about a patient who died on Memorial Day.
Matthew Brown suffered massive injuries, including head trauma. His right leg had to be amputated, and he was in a coma for more than a month. CBS 2′s Dorothy Tucker reports.
Some people believe everything happens for a reason, and it wouldn’t be that hard to convince one northwest suburban teacher.
The Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago is moving ahead with its plans for a new hospital on the site of the old CBS Building, according to a published report.
The University of Chicago is poised to open a new hospital with a new brand.
A suspect was in custody Friday morning after a deadly shooting at the University of Illinois at Chicago Medical Center.
This is the story about a couple who remained cool, calm and collected overnight when they got a flat tire on the way to the hospital to have a baby.
Operations at Mount Sinai Hospital are “back to normal’’ after someone threatened to blow up a building housing physicians’ offices Friday morning on the campus of the West Side hospital.
Fire crews were called out Wednesday afternoon when an electrical fire broke out in a radiation therapy room at the Northwest Community Healthcare hospital in Arlington Heights.
The former first lady of Chicago spent last week in the hospital.
A Gary, Ind., man is charged with setting fire to furniture in a veterans’ hospital in the Illinois Medical District.
Maggie Daley had been hospitalized last week for flu-like symptoms unrelated to her battle with breast cancer.
Chicago First Lady Maggie Daley is back in the hospital Monday morning, following another health setback.
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Teen Fatally Stabbed In Fight Outside Suburban Grocery StoreRomeoville police say a 17-year-old boy and a 22-year-old man got into a fight in the parking lot outside the Jewel-Osco on Weber Road.432
- Powerball Jackpot At $600 Million: Most Common NumbersThe Powerball jackpot was increased Friday to $600 million, making it the largest Powerball jackpot ever.781
- Police Believe Alleged Con Man Had Scores Of Victims In 4 StatesPark Ridge police were asking for the public’s health in a fraud investigation against a man they said has been using a fake identity to fleece people in at least four states.148
- Family Helping Fund Research For Rare Disease That Struck Son, DaughterThey start out growing up like any other child, until a seizure strikes. It's the first sign of a deadly, rare brain disease that robs children of their abilities before taking their lives. This weekend, you can help a Downers Grove family try to find a cure for Batten Disease.226
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!