House Ethics Committee
The House Ethics Committee says it will continue an investigation into U.S. Rep. Aaron Schock over allegations the Illinois Republican sought donations of more than $5,000 per donor to a super political action committee.
As deposed governor Rod Blagojevich serves his 14-year sentence on convictions that included trying to sell a U.S. Senate seat, his brother is headed to Washington to talk about who he claims offered to buy it.
With former Congresswoman Debbie Halvorson far behind in the latest polls in her efforts to unseat Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr., Halvorson is asking for some help in bringing down Jackson.
Representative Jesse Jackson’s opponent is using his ethics probe to pounce.
U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. is predicting he’ll be “vindicated” by an ethics investigation into whether he or someone on his behalf offered to raise funds for ex-Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich in return for an appointment to President Barack Obama’s vacated Senate seat.
The U.S. House of Representatives has decided not to pursue ethics sanctions against Rep. Luis Gutierrez (D-Ill.), who was arrested last week while protesting in front of the White House.
The House ethics committee has agreed to hold off on its investigation into whether U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. was involved in former Gov. Rod Blagojevich’s alleged attempt to sell a Senate seat.
- 3 Dead, 8 Hurt In Shootings Since Friday NightThe most recent fatal shooting happened about 1:50 a.m. Saturday in the Hyde Park community, roughly half a mile from President Barack Obama’s home in neighboring Kenwood.108
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!