The vote of 64-45 in favor of the bill failed because it needed 71 votes. A supermajority was necessary because the law would pre-empt the home-rule powers of several cities.
The vehicle ended up in the home’s living room, but fortunately the parents and three teens inside were upstairs.
It happened in the 6300 block of South Evans, in the city’s Woodlawn neighborhood.
While Mitt Romney talks about binders full of women, Democrats have ballots full of women.
As the campaign draws to a close it has become very apparent that Obama will return to the White House and that Harry Reid will lead a Democratic Senate.
ow would you like to have somebody else make your mortgage payments for a year? Almost 400 Chicago area homeowners have signed up for a chance to make it happen, CBS 2′s Mike Parker reports.
Paul Ryan has changed the Electoral College math. With the pick, Romney has chosen a path that writes off almost all of the country and focuses the election on the industrial Midwest.
A house in southwest suburban Manhattan was leveled by an explosion Monday morning.
Protesters on Saturday morning made their way to Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s house to demonstrate against the closing of city mental health clinics, a day before Chicago hosts the NATO Summit.
A few former NFL players will be in Antioch Friday, helping to put up siding on a home destined to be given free-of-charge to a military veteran wounded in Iraq or Afghanistan.
An ethics investigation centering on U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. won’t be going away anytime soon.
Chicago City Treasurer Stephanie Neely says the same scam that put the deed to her South Side home in someone else’s name has spread to other states.
The developer of the defunct Chicago Spire condo tower is now the subject of a foreclosure lawsuit on his Gold Coast home.
A piece of the storied history of corruption in west suburban Cicero can now be yours.
R&B star R. Kelly is being hit with a $2.9 million foreclosure lawsuit on his house in south suburban Olympia Fields, according to a Tuesday report.
The family of a disabled Iraqi War veteran will be getting the keys to a new home Tuesday, built in west suburban Hillside for them free-of-charge.
Illinois lawmakers return to Springfield today to approve funding for the state’s capital construction program.
A teenage driver was killed, and a 2-year-old child narrowly escaped death or serious injury, when a car went airborne and smack into the child’s bedroom in far west suburban Batavia Township.
Construction projects are in jeopardy and tens of thousands of jobs hang in the balance because state lawmakers failed to approve funding on capital projects, Gov. Pat Quinn said Monday.
A Joliet man was giving his young son a shower late last week, when a bullet went flying through two walls and ended up lodged in his bathroom wall.
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.303
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!