A Chicago housing coalition says private developers, not tenants, will be the big winners in Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s new “Plan Forward” CHA initiative, reports WBBM’s John Cody.
Illinois voters got a peek Monday at what a 2014 gubernatorial primary might look like, as Gov. Pat Quinn and his potential toughest Democratic challenger played up their individual efforts to help the housing market bounce back and offered differing takes on the state’s concealed carry discussions.
They say they won’t go without a fight, not even on a rainy day, chanting and marching outside buildings that for quite some time, offered SRO’s, or single room occupancy units to those who had no other options.
Foreclosures and homelessness are big issues in Chicago, but the Chicago Housing Authority has approved plans to tear down hundreds of units at its Altgeld Gardens housing complex on the Far South Side.
The west suburban town of Montgomery is hoping a new housing program will revive the town’s once flourishing population of bluebirds.
Housing activists are knocking on doors over the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday weekend in an attempt to keep homeowners in foreclosure from being evicted.
A Highland Park man has been sentenced to 15 years in prison in connection with a Ponzi scheme he ran with his son and daughter that bilked investors out of $10.7 million.
New numbers released on Tuesday provided a glimmer of hope for the struggling housing market, as home prices in some cities – including Chicago – went up in May.
The Cook County Jail is now housing transgender inmates based on their gender identity, rather than their sex at birth.
Officials in McHenry County are pitching in to help the housing market rebound.
A handful of demonstrators caroled U.S. Sen. Mark Kirk’s office but so far have no promise of help extending rent subsidies for some 1,000 Chicago families.
There’s a gloomy forecast today about the housing market.
The latest home foreclosure figures show that Illinoisans are doing better than they did a year ago, but, still aren’t out of the housing mess.
An Indiana University administrator has been recommended to oversee a sweeping transition in housing choices for mentally ill people in Illinois.
One in every 139 U.S. housing units received a foreclosure filing during the 3rd quarter.
- Former Glenbard East Student Charged With Planning Violence At SchoolIn November, Michael Santoro allegedly made plans of a violent nature against the school, but the alleged plans remained unknown an acquaintance reported the threat to police two weeks ago, after learning about the plans in February.291
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.311
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!