Reid Ryan choked back tears as he was introduced as president of his beloved Astros, the team he grew up watching in the days when his Hall of Fame father, Nolan Ryan, starred as a pitcher for Houston.
Take a look at the American League standings. There’s something very wrong going on.
Yu Darvish was one out from a perfect game when Marwin Gonzalez grounded a clean single through the pitcher’s legs, and the Texas Rangers beat the Houston Astros 7-0 on Tuesday night.
Cubs starter Travis Wood yielded five hits and two runs with a spring-best seven strikeouts in 4 1-3 innings. It was an improvement from his last start when he allowed seven hits and four runs in four innings.
Known primarily for his glove at the hot corner, Matt Dominguez surprised with his bat by posting a .284 average with five longballs in 31 games for Houston.
Bryan LaHair homered and hit a game-winning single in the ninth inning, and the Chicago Cubs beat Houston 5-4 Wednesday in the Astros’ National League finale.
Bud Norris pitched six shutout innings, Jason Castro homered and the Houston beat the Chicago Cubs 3-0 Tuesday night in a matchup of 100-loss teams.
As the Cubs continue their quest to avoid 100 loses on the season, they’ll wrap up this disaster season with a three-game matchup against the 106-loss Astros.
Alfonso Soriano finished a triple shy of the cycle and drove in two runs and Travis Wood allowed one run in 7 2-3 innings to lead the Chicago Cubs to a 5-1 win over the Houston Astros Wednesday night.
Jimmy Paredes singled and scored an unearned run in the third inning and the Houston Astros beat the Chicago Cubs 1-0 on Tuesday night.
With his legal problems in the rear-view mirror, Roger Clemens is returning to baseball.
David DeJesus homered twice, Justin Germano cruised through six innings and the Chicago Cubs beat the Houston Astros 7-2 on Wednesday.
Brett Wallace and Fernando Martinez each hit three-run homers to back Lucas Harrell’s eight strong innings and the Houston Astros beat the Chicago Cubs 10-1 on Tuesday night.
The White Sox signed outfielder Dewayne Wise to a minor league contract and completed their trade for Brett Myers.
New White Sox relief pitcher Brett Myers is a scumbag. It’s not much of a stretch to go there or to call him a coward or the posterchild for white trash. He looks more like he belongs at a Gathering of the Juggalos than on an MLB mound.
Admittedly, I have a tough time respecting men who allegedly beat their wives.
The Chicago White have acquired right-handed pitcher Brett Myers and cash considerations from the Houston Astros.
Travis Wood pitched shutout ball into the eighth inning and used some nifty base-running to set up Anthony Rizzo’s go-ahead single as the Chicago Cubs completed a three-game sweep of the Houston Astros with a 3-0 win on Sunday.
Anthony Rizzo hit his first homer with the Cubs, a two-run go-ahead shot in the fifth inning, and Chicago beat the Houston Astros 3-2 Saturday for its fourth win in five games.
The Chicago Cubs have signed Cuban outfielder Jorge Soler to a nine-year, $30 million deal. The Cubs announced the deal before Saturday’s game against the Houston Astros.
- Two Charged With River North BurglariesTwo people have been charged with burglary in connection with a spate of robberies this month in the River North neighborhood.98
- Portage Theater Closed For NowThe 93-year-old landmark theater at 4050 N. Milwaukee Ave. was shut down on Friday after Ald. John Arena (45th) blocked Carranza’s application for a liquor license, according to Carranza.90
- Man Shot And Killed Inside Hyde Park HomeA murder in Hyde Park, just blocks away from President Barack Obama's home.213
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.127
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!