A few former Chicago athletes have taken a stand for gay marriage in Illinois.
It would appear the long-term side effects of concussions in the NFL have been well documented.
Anthony Adams, Matt Bowen, Alex Brown, Dez Clark and Hunter Hillenmeyer give you the good, the bad and the ugly from their training camp experience.
The latest research shows repeated head trauma can cause irreparable brain disease. As CBS 2’s Rob Johnson reports, for parents whose kids are active, this can be extremely troubling, especially when you consider that almost any sport can leave your child with a concussion.
One day after former Bears linebacker Hunter Hillenmeyer took to Twitter to tell the world how he felt about Jerry Angelo’s decision to cut Chris Harris, he joined The Mully and Hanley Show to discuss his comments.
The Bears may have released veteran safety Chris Harris, but one former Bears player isn’t thrilled about it.
Experts and former athletes are joining forces to provide area student athletes with protection from concussions in sports. CBS 2′s Suzanne Le Mignot reports on an effort to educate coaches in Chicago Public Schools.
On Monday, the Chicago Bears terminated the contracts of veterans Tommie Harris, Hunter Hillenmeyer and Kevin Shaffer.
Progress continues to be made as the NFL and NFL Players Association sat a mediation table for the fifth consecutive day.
The NFL and its players’ union have begun Day 5 of negotiations with a federal mediator.
Labor talks between the NFL owners and players unions representatives should intensify as we near the March 4 expiration of the current collective bargaining agreement. But a deal might not get done under the current negotiating environment.
Jay Cutler was asked directly yesterday if he had ever suffered a concussion before the one he sustained against the Giants. His answer? “No.” Cutler is either lying or extremely forgetful, since the Chicago Tribune […]
Mike Quade’s Cubs continue to play better than Lou Piniella’s Cubs, now 13-7 since the latter drifted away weeping. Small sample size, sure, but still nice for the candidacy of a seemingly good guy. Even […]
Update 9/14 at 5:32pm The Chicago Bears have confirmed the fact that Hunter Hillenmeyer was placed on the IR. In a statement released to the press the Bears also confirmed it was the result of […]
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.81
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Mount Prospect Man Falls To Death From Albany Park RoofA Mount Prospect man fell to his death from a roof in Albany Park Friday afternoon.113
- 3 Dead, 8 Hurt In Shootings Since Friday NightThe most recent fatal shooting happened about 1:50 a.m. Saturday in the Hyde Park community, roughly half a mile from President Barack Obama’s home in neighboring Kenwood.198
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!