The most recent fatal shooting happened about 1:50 a.m. Saturday in the Hyde Park community, roughly half a mile from President Barack Obama’s home in neighboring Kenwood.
A shooting in Hyde Park overnight killed one man and injured another.
Demolition crews are tearing down the former boyhood home of President Reagan in Hyde Park.
The University of Chicago, encouraged by early success of its Harper Court redevelopment, is pushing forward with plans to build a retail and apartment building less than a half-mile away from it.
Local residents were being warned to keep their pets on a tight leash, as coyotes are out in bigger numbers, and acting more aggressively, likely due to their mating season.
Police were called on Sunday to a protest at the University of Chicago Hospitals that was being held by a group who said they would not leave the Hyde Park medical center until the university commits to extend the age limit for patients at its children’s trauma center so that more trauma victims could get treatment there.
From antiques made in ancient Greece to Pablo Picasso’s works from the last century, Chicago has numerous venues and tours with free admission. Check out the following list to get you started.
For the third straight year, business leaders were encouraging consumers to shop at small businesses on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. And the White House sent one of its best-known voices to Chicago on Small Business Saturday to show how shopping small can give the country a big boost.
Chicago police have put out a community alert about an alleged sex attack on a teenage girl yesterday in the Hyde Park neighborhood.
One of President Barack Obama’s favorite restaurants in Hyde Park is offering free breakfast today, to celebrate the president’s victory Tuesday night.
A Metra Electric District train Tuesday struck and killed a trespasser near its 53rd Street station in Hyde Park.
University of Chicago students who have outgrown the frat party scene have been complaining about the dearth of nightlife in Hyde Park for decades. But they will soon have one more option besides taking a seat at the long bar at Jimmy’s Woodlawn Tap.
Mr. Obama’s presence brings street closures, strict enforcement of parking bans in the neighborhood. And it brings tourists with their cameras and iPhones, CBS 2′s Mike Parker reports.
Are you thinking about spending a glorious summer day browsing through original artwork in the unique atmosphere of an art festival? The following special events in Chicago would be wonderful options to explore.
The Metra Electric and South Shore lines were shut down for over an hour in the Hyde Park neighborhood Saturday morning for a suspicious suitcase that turned out to be empty.
Police have issued a community alert about a rash of robberies on the city’s South Side.
A white teacher at the predominantly African-American Murray Language Academy in the Hyde Park neighborhood has filed a federal lawsuit, after he was suspended for five days for using the N-word in class.
Four people were displaced during a fire early Saturday in the Hyde Park neighborhood on the South Side.
President Barack Obama was back in Chicago on Wednesday for a trio of fundraisers for his re-election bid and a surprise visit to his campaign headquarters.
The bankruptcy of Michael’s Fresh Market has drawn concerns about the store that stepped in to fill a vacancy in the South Kenwood neighborhood, after the Hyde Park Co-Op had left the site vacant for years.
- Mount Prospect Man Falls To Death From Albany Park RoofA Mount Prospect man fell to his death from a roof in Albany Park Friday afternoon.98
- 3 Dead, 8 Hurt In Shootings Since Friday NightThe most recent fatal shooting happened about 1:50 a.m. Saturday in the Hyde Park community, roughly half a mile from President Barack Obama’s home in neighboring Kenwood.198
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!