More shoulder-riding Pace buses begin to roam I-55 beginning Monday. WBBM’s Bob Roberts says an even bigger expansion may be in the works.
One of the vehicles overturned in a ditch and the other vehicle was disabled in the left lane following the crash.
The driver of a car that became disabled in traffic on the Stevenson Expressway early Wednesday near southwest suburban Plainfield was killed when a semi plowed into his car and another car that stopped to help.
More Pace buses will be riding the shoulders of I-55 by next summer — and could possibly be taking riders between the Loop and southwest suburbs middays, and on specials to White Sox and Bears games.
One person was killed and dozens of others were injured when a double-decker Megabus headed from Chicago to Missouri crashed into a concrete bridge support in southern Illinois.
Interstate 55 was snagged as the morning rush began Monday, after a predawn crash left a semi-trailer truck on its side and a car demolished.
The U.S. Secret Service has revealed security measures for next month’s NATO summit, which will push protesters a bit further away from McCormick Place than they originally planned to be.
A dump truck full of construction debris flipped over on a ramp between the Stevenson Expressway and the Tri-State Tollway early Monday, causing major backups.
It has been four months since Pace buses began roaring up and down the shoulders of Interstate 55, and the program is proving so successful that Pace is adding buses and extending one of the lines.
Treacherous, ice-covered roads early Thursday were blamed for numerous serious accidents across the Chicago area.
In one week, Pace buses will begin using the newly-widened shoulders of the Stevenson Expressway.
Two separate crashes involving multiple vehicles on Interstate 55 in Will County, leaving several people seriously injured.
Fire Department crews had to pry the door off a car in a crash on the Stevenson Expressway, leaving traffic tied up for miles.
Traffic headaches should lessen Saturday afternoon as crews have re-opened the Dan Ryan Expressway near Cermak Road, 12 hours after a dump truck hit an overhead highway sign and left it ‘caved in and leaning’ over drivers.
Pace express buses will begin riding the shoulders of the Stevenson Expressway this fall, in an attempt to speed up schedules.
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.426
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.369
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!