Police say a Joliet man mugged two elderly women in different grocery stores before crashing a stolen car into a semi-truck on Saturday.
A driver died Wednesday afternoon after the SUV he was driving crashed into a dump truck on Interstate 80 in Tinley Park Wednesday afternoon.
State police say a 31-year-old Chicago man who allegedly caused the crash was charged with aggravated DUI.
A 34-year-old Hammond, Ind. woman — who police say had a blood-alcohol level 2 1/2 times over the legal limit — ended her 34th birthday celebration early Saturday by totaling her car when she rear-ended a semi on I-80 outside of Gary.
A 23-year-old Hammond man was killed early Saturday morning after he was struck by a vehicle while walking on the southbound ramp from Interstate 80 to Cline Avenue.
A newspaper delivery woman was hurt after a semi-trailer truck slammed into the sport-utility vehicle she was driving southwest of Chicago.
Tinley Park police have issued a warning after an 18-year-old woman was involved in a road rage incident.
Police in Northwest Indiana are looking for a man driving a pickup truck after an incident of road rage near Gary.
The plug has been pulled on a $1 billion highway project to connect I-88 to I-80 in the far western suburbs.
A Plainfield motorcyclist died in a crash with a sport-utility vehicle Friday afternoon on Interstate 80 near southwest suburban Shorewood.
A semi-trailer truck caught fire on Interstate 80 overnight, causing a major traffic snare for the morning rush.
The quick actions of an Illinois state trooper likely saved the life of a woman whose car started smoking after hitting a toll booth on Interstate 80 overnight.
The only survivor of the wrong-way crash early Monday on Interstate 80 says he knows he’s a lucky man – and he says one thing that sticks out in his mind are the words of the car’s driver.
The sole survivor of a head-on, wrong-way crash on Interstate 80 is now recovering from surgery to repair his broken left arm.
Alcohol was suspected to be a factor in a fiery wreck that left four people dead early Monday, after a wrong-way driver crashed into another car on Interstate 80 in Hazel Crest.
The driver of a car on I-80 near Gary, Ind. early Saturday lost control of the car, causing it to roll over, after he was shot in the head by someone in another car, Indiana State Police said.
A truck driver was injured Monday evening when two semi-trailer trucks collided on Interstate 80 near Minooka.
A Gary, Ind. man was critically injured Friday night after crashing his pickup truck on Interstate 80 in Hammond, Ind.
Two men and a woman, all southwest suburban Crest Hill residents in their 20s, are dead after the car they were traveling in struck construction equipment on Interstate 80 in New Lenox early Saturday.
The first measurable snowfall of the year might not have seemed like a big deal by Chicago winter standards, but it is being blamed for at least one deadly accident during the morning commute.
- Student Pulled Over And Robbed By Phony Police OfficerA man driving an unmarked white Ford Crown Victoria with interior flashing red and blue lights pulled the student over near Ballard and Bender roads in Des Plaines as she was driving to school around 7:30 a.m. on May 20.332
- Bodies Of 2 Men Found In Car In West EnglewoodTwo bodies were found inside a car on the South Side and one of the victims worked for Cook County Circuit Court Clerk Dorothy Brown.214
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!